PDA

View Full Version : accessory belts



audithisworld
12-05-2005, 10:53 PM
cars been whining for a while now and ive been told everything from turbo going bad to bad timing belt. a pretty reliable guy told me its simply my accessory belt, a man by the name of pete with an srt4, but knows his shit damn well, and another, joe falzone with a turbo m3. so in that case, how much am i lookin at spending?

Wholsea
12-06-2005, 05:41 AM
If your are going to do just the ASSY belt, I'd go ahead and do the timing belt.

Either way, the bumper and radiator have to come off. While you are in there, might as well do them all...

alen
12-06-2005, 01:07 PM
usually people report their tensioners failing.

since you have to rip everything out, might as well replace everything. accessory belts are not more than $30 at ECStuning.com I believe.

Starting
12-06-2005, 01:12 PM
how many miles on the car? when tensioners fail they make the car sound like a diesel. I don't think it fails over time I think it just fails.

Crisqo
12-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Wholsea
If your are going to do just the ASSY belt, I'd go ahead and do the timing belt.

Either way, the bumper and radiator have to come off. While you are in there, might as well do them all...

I thought with the accessory belt, you don't need to take the rad off...
just the bumper, and then just remove the bolt on the acc. belt tensioner..

am i right or wrong?

Starting
12-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Crisqo
I thought with the accessory belt, you don't need to take the rad off...
just the bumper, and then just remove the bolt on the acc. belt tensioner..

am i right or wrong?

Your able to do it but it is tight. The easiest thing to do is just move the radiator into the service position.

NogaroA4
12-15-2005, 12:57 PM
I think mine might of went to...It doesnt do it all the time or at least i cant hear it when im going down the high way...but its usally loud at idle. does this sound like a tensioner pulley?

turbojunkie
12-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Just FYI, that was the sound my car made for 3 days......right before my TB broke......

NogaroA4
12-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by turbojunkie
Just FYI, that was the sound my car made for 3 days......right before my TB broke......

I replaced my timing belt about 5000 miles ago...