PDA

View Full Version : Vag commander wont read original instrument pin

andreask
12-20-2016, 06:32 AM
Hi, i tried to replace the center lcd in my cluster but failed which lead my to buying an replacement cluster. My vag commander wont read the original cluster PIN code. If i plug in the replacement cluster it will read its PIN code. I need the original PIN code to be able to adapt the cluster immobilizer. Does someone have an idea how i can access the original cluster PIN?

seanf86
12-20-2016, 06:50 AM
Hi, i tried to replace the center lcd in my cluster but failed which lead my to buying an replacement cluster. My vag commander wont read the original cluster PIN code. If i plug in the replacement cluster it will read its PIN code. I need the original PIN code to be able to adapt the cluster immobilizer. Does someone have an idea how i can access the original cluster PIN?

I'm not sure about immo 2 but immo 3 the pin is stored in the ecu, can you try getting it from there?

andreask
12-20-2016, 07:07 AM
Do you mean reading eeprom? Vag commander wont read that either. Tried with both original and replacement cluster.

seanf86
12-20-2016, 12:02 PM
Do you mean reading eeprom? Vag commander wont read that either. Tried with both original and replacement cluster.

we don't have B5s with immo here in North American but I have 2 B6's that are immo 3 and the pin is stored in the ecu and the cluster, instead of reading the cluster trying to get the pin connect to the ecu and see if you can read the pin from that.