PDA

View Full Version : Oil Temp Question

2.8AWD
12-04-2005, 10:51 PM
So I havent had my A4 for very long...but under normal driving conditions, it warms up to the 2nd line on the gauge...not 100% sure of the temp. there. Last nite after the car had been fairly warmed up...I decided to play in the snow pretty hard with 3 people in the car. The gauge went up to about half in 10 min of spirited snow driving. I can understand going up some with the additional load and stress...but near double had me a bit concerned. I have a high hp turbo car as a "toy" so I essentially let the car cool down while running like it had a turbo timer and shut it off once the temp had cooled down to what I have become to know as "normal" for my vehicle. Does anyone else experience this when they are getting their enjoyment in the snow?

Thanks

Neo1130
12-05-2005, 04:31 AM
Normal... As long as it doesn't hit the red or lights don't come on you are good...

buck
12-05-2005, 07:16 AM
when I'm on the highway for a while (cruising at a modest speed [;)] ) my temp gauge will increase as well. Once I'm off the highway - it goes back to normal.

what I do notice also is that different weight oils seem to influence how much the oil tem fluctuates.

2.8AWD
12-05-2005, 12:15 PM
Good deal..thanks

Gundem
12-05-2005, 12:17 PM
i'm jealous....we have no snow here in South Cali