PDA

View Full Version : brake noise

aesthetics
12-04-2005, 09:25 PM
it snowed today so i figured i would have a little fun in a big open parking lot. I would stay at about 20-25 mph and jus whip it around to break loose the tires. I would pull up e brake and all that. One time i started spinning pretty quick so i applied the foot brake lightly to gain control again. A lot of the times while i applyed the foot brake, especially if i would step on it a little harder, all of a sudden i would hear a weird dddooyyynngg noise and i woudlnt be able to press the brake. As if something got caught in the brakes and i coudlnt put pressure on the rotors. i would pump the brakes and i would get braking power on and off btwn the weird noise and actual braking. Its weird to explain, but maybe one of you guys know what im talking about.

Yuikio
12-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Did you look at your brakes, at least?

bitterchild
12-04-2005, 11:11 PM
why would you ebrake drift if you have awd...

KevinA41.8T
12-04-2005, 11:17 PM
im pretty sure thats your abs system there bro

Yuikio
12-04-2005, 11:18 PM
in the snow...Seriously, you should take a look at your brakes. I couldn't tell you what your problem may be from the story you gave us, so either give more complete info or give us pictures or visual description of your brakes to go by, or something.

I just understood what you meant, bitter. Do you think he fuxxed his drivetrain up by violently locking the rear wheels of a mechanically connected permanent all-wheel-drive system? Hmmm...

BranCKY3
12-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I hope you had the clutch pushed in when the ebrake was pulled.

Neo1130
12-05-2005, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by KevinA41.8T
im pretty sure thats your abs system there bro

I agree 99%!!

aesthetics
12-05-2005, 11:40 AM
ok, too many poeple to quote so im just going to answer everything. Everytime i would pull up the e brake, i would be in neutral. It was like i would accel, push in clutch, pull e brake and turn so the car would quickly whip around. The brakes look fine, I will try and get pics. A lot of my friends say it is probably the ABS or something. i would never at one point be on the brake and the gas at the same time. everytime i would step on brake, i would be in neutral. Also, i woudlnt "violently" lock the rear wheels, i would just quickly lock and then release and just spin around in neutral.

If it is the ABS system, what do you mean? like is there something wrong?

When the brakes would make that noise, it was kind of like a vibration and when i would try and apply the brakes, i woudlnt be able to apply pressure to the rotors, but then when i would let go and press in the brake again it would work. It kinda of seems like the rotors were vibrating, and the first time trying to brake would stop the vibration, and when i release and apply the brakes again, then it would work.

lol i hope you guys understand it, it seems weird. There is no visual effects on my brakes, and everything is fine when i just drive around normally.

Neo1130
12-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Yes, that is perfectly normal... That is why it is called an Anti Lock Braking system... Or ABS... As the ABS computer senses that one wheel or more has stopped spinning (locked up) it tries to unlock the locked wheel by releasing pressure off the brakes... So since the brake fluid has no where to go really it will kick the brake pedal up so the fluid has a bit more room to play with... Hope this makes sense...

A4rce1
12-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Neo1130
I agree 99%!!

100% agree

diegomatrix
12-05-2005, 07:16 PM
........ you're in a slide and you press on the brakes? gj....

bitterchild
12-05-2005, 07:50 PM
let's all walk away and pretend this post never happened. your car is fine.

aesthetics
12-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by diegomatrix
........ you're in a slide and you press on the brakes? gj....

lol i should just explain myself fully before people comment on somethin like this....

i would accelerate, and right before the ice patch, i would put it in neutral, pull e brake up and turn left or right...so i woudl start to slide sideways..and once i hit the ice, i woudl have enough momentum to do some 360s and even 540s

does that make sense or do you want me to give you the actual values of my velocity, braking power, momentum and etc?

Neo1130
12-06-2005, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by aesthetics
does that make sense or do you want me to give you the actual values of my velocity, braking power, momentum and etc?
That would be nice... Also give me those numbers and what they would be in a black hole... And also a vaccum... Then I want you to give me the numbers for if you were on the sun...

aesthetics
12-06-2005, 05:49 AM
lolool...iigh so ill give u those if u give me ur TT [;)] [;)]