PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh, installing boost gauge and fried.....

AudiA4_20T
12-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Hey ok so Im installing my autometer sport comp boost gauge on the A pillar and I have it all hooked up but I have to wire the light. First, I was going to wire it to fuse #4 b/c that goes on when the lights go on I think thats what everyone was saying. Anyway, that didnt work out and the light was going on in reverse. So, I decided to just wire it to the power block under the dash. So I do it and while im doing it, I hit the turn signal and it starts buzzing like crazy and I think I blow a fuse [confused] but I dont know which one it is. So everything looks great and I'm like hmmm I suppose Ill find it out. So it looks great when I start the car except my lights for the windows, window button, lock button, and sunroof dont work. Anyone have any idea if I just blew a row of fuses or something? I hope its not somehting bad but I'm fearing it might be.... O well, at least the gauge looks good [:)] Thanks guys.

matt719
12-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Easiest thing to do would be to check all your fuses.. they will visibly be fried.

SeanF
12-03-2005, 06:46 PM
read your manual? see what fuse it is?

AudiA4_20T
12-03-2005, 10:35 PM
I can see the fried fuses? Well on AW theres a post about which fuse is which but I was looking and sunroof is its own, door locking system is its own, etc. So i was wondering if theres a block that contains a few so I knew exactly which ones I blew

SeanF
12-03-2005, 11:08 PM
yea, read the manual, id look in mine for you, but my car isnt close by right now...

badassbaldie
12-04-2005, 10:50 AM
I can see the fried fuses? Well on AW theres a post about which fuse is which but I was looking and sunroof is its own, door locking system is its own, etc. So i was wondering if theres a block that contains a few so I knew exactly which ones I blew

Fuse #43 & 37 (30 amp each) are your power windows.

Fuse #9 (10 amp) is your sunroof

Fuse #6 (5 amp) & #38 (15 amp) are for the locking system

Fuse layout is printed on the inside of your fuse cover