PDA

View Full Version : Should use E-bay for my b5 supplies...??

Gundem
12-02-2005, 05:04 PM
i don't have paypal account...i was wondering if it's worth it? and who is the best seller...thx in advance

AudiSnawb
12-02-2005, 05:15 PM
it all depends on what youre looking for..... cheap stuff is cheap stuff, and you pay for what you get, whether its on eBay or anywhere else online..........when you get to buying used stuff on eBay it gets kinda pricey sometimes, and isnt worth it..... I find that the audizine classifieds work the best for me, Ive done over 15 transactions buying and selling and havent gotted ripped off once........ thats just my .02

salz2135
12-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Sx2
i don't have paypal account...i was wondering if it's worth it? and who is the best seller...thx in advance

What do you mean when you say you don't "know if it's worth it?" The account is free. Also, if you're going to be buying stuff off audizine members the paypal account will make things a lot easier.

Gundem
12-02-2005, 07:07 PM
i know it's free...but i'm too lazy.[:p]

joeya103
12-02-2005, 07:44 PM
i'm always scared to buy things from people off these forums, unless it's by local pickup. i mean, what's to keep them from taking the money and shipping nothing? i've read too many instances of people not being able to contact their seller afterwards, getting ripped off (even if the seller has hundreds of posts).

that being said, i would feel a lot more secure buying from eBay if the seller has good feedback, etc. i would never buy the cheap crap they sell though, like fiberglass kits.

badassbaldie
12-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Ya, because people never get ripped off on ebay. lol I can say I've never been ripped off dealing with people here. I'm not saying that there isn't a possibility of dishonest people here, it's just that there are alot more on ebay. Besides, we all share a common interest here (Audis) and most everyone will go out of their way to help you out. I've sold an A4 on here and the buyer was willing to send cash via fedex!

There's nothing wrong with being cautious so I would suggest setting up a paypal with a credit card, not a debit card. That way if you do get scammed, it's the CC company's money...

joeya103
12-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by badassbaldie
Ya, because people never get ripped off on ebay. lol I can say I've never been ripped off dealing with people here. I'm not saying that there isn't a possibility of dishonest people here, it's just that there are alot more on ebay. Besides, we all share a common interest here (Audis) and most everyone will go out of their way to help you out. I've sold an A4 on here and the buyer was willing to send cash via fedex!

There's nothing wrong with being cautious so I would suggest setting up a paypal with a credit card, not a debit card. That way if you do get scammed, it's the CC company's money...

i have friends who have been ripped off on ebay, but it was usually by not being smart about it. i've had 162 transactions on eBay and never even got close to getting ripped off.

if i bought something off of forums though, what would be the most secure way? paypal?

salz2135
12-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Buying from the forum is all about common sense. Purchase from someone who's been around, someone who's background can be checked out a little. For example, don't buy with some guy with zero posts. Instead, buy from people who have had past sales.

I've bought countless things from people here and have yet to send payment without getting what I had paid for.

Now, this is not to say that it's never going to happen in the future. As others have said, you get what you pay for. In the case of buying off the forum, you get really good deals, but have increased risk. For me, the risk is worth it. I've bought some great stuff at really great prices.

Dealing with verified paypal users also seems to decrease risk. If the seller is tied to a bank account it's much easier to track them down versus a payment by check or money order, etc.

SeanF
12-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by salz2135
I've bought countless things from people here and have yet to send payment without getting what I had paid for.

i dont know any sellers who will send the item before payment is recieved....

badassbaldie
12-02-2005, 11:40 PM
salz said it perfectly common sense = safer buys.

salz2135
12-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by SeanF
i dont know any sellers who will send the item before payment is recieved....

Yeah sorry I mistyped. I meant to write that I have bought stuff from people many times without being screwed over.

BranCKY3
12-03-2005, 12:14 AM
I've never been ripped off on ebay before. On these forums, my being screwed over status is pending right now.

SuleiUte
12-03-2005, 12:19 AM
I was screwed once on Ebay, but I emailed Paypal with all the transaction details and they gave me my money back within a couple of days. It wasn't that big of a hassle at all, and now I know who not to work with. JMHO

joeya103
12-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by BranCKY3
I've never been ripped off on ebay before. On these forums, my being screwed over status is pending right now.

Are you the guy who bought something from that AE guy or whatever? That was like the third time I've read about shady deals on the forums...making me more scared to try it.

I hope all goes well for you bro. That guy had hundreds of posts, if I remember correctly =/

BranCKY3
12-03-2005, 01:21 PM
^Yes. Me and Eurotuned_a4 are still waiting on the stuff we bought from him.

salz2135
12-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by joeya103
Are you the guy who bought something from that AE guy or whatever? That was like the third time I've read about shady deals on the forums...making me more scared to try it.

I hope all goes well for you bro. That guy had hundreds of posts, if I remember correctly =/

Here's the thing though: people tend to post when sales fail in some way. Not when they go as planned. My point is that you will hear when bad things happen--and they DO happen and will continue to happen. However, there are far more transactions with good outcomes that take place on a daily basis. Just remember that before you start getting scared.

BranCKY3
12-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Check out the buyer/seller feedback forum for info on sellers.

LateraLex
12-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Like salz said, you don't hear about the good transactions. I've had at least 6 sales and buys with no hassle (including my car). I trust this place more than ebay....