PDA

View Full Version : Seat Options

TheRedGlacier
12-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Hey guys, I've been wondering what to do with my ripped driver's seat for awhile. I would like to get sport cloth seats, but as we all know they aren't too common.. Then my mind came to replacing the bottom cover, which costs just as much as a whole seat on eBay, and even more on ECS. Then I still need to figure out how to tear apart the seat, which, being my daily driver, isn't really a good option for now.

I know this may seem dumb, but the reason I haven't turned to an aftermarket slide on seat cover, is that I want an OEM look. I mean by no means is my B5 a show car, but I want her to keep her dignity intact. I'm pretty sure there is no seat cover that looks OEM, and isn't made out of that cheap nylon material.. So I'm turning to the forums. What would you guys recommend I should do with the seat? Funds are lacking, as I'm a poor college student (trying to fix up a B5, how silly of me [>_<])

Currently running the factory leatherette manuals with heat and airbags.

tar
12-04-2016, 08:07 AM
Go 2 a junkyard, get a passenger seat cover, install that and done.

If you search you will find the diy I'm talking about.

TheRedGlacier
12-04-2016, 08:34 AM
There aren't really any junkyards in my area :/ just out of curiosity, why a passenger side cover? sorry if that is a dumb question.

seanf86
12-04-2016, 08:45 AM
There aren't really any junkyards in my area :/ just out of curiosity, why a passenger side cover? sorry if that is a dumb question.

passenger seat covers the same and because you don't always have a passenger the seat cover usually isn't ripped and is in good shape, check local classifieds, there are always people parting them out, I usually always end up getting a seat for $50-$60 and it takes an afternoon to remove the seat and swap covers if you don't know what you're doing, if you know what you're doing it takes about an hour.

zandrew
12-04-2016, 10:22 AM
I have spoken with a local upholstery and they are willing to make several sets from faux leather (very close to what we have now) for $250 a set but need 10 sets to do it. The upper would zip on the sides but the lower need Hong ringed on.

LFP
12-04-2016, 11:09 AM
What color is the seat ? I have a beige bottom (the whole thing, not just the cover) that you can have if you pay for me to ship it from Cincinnati.

TheRedGlacier
12-04-2016, 01:34 PM
I really appreciate the offer, thank you. However I have the bluish black seats. Not sure on the factory color name.

Cybersombosis
12-04-2016, 02:17 PM
I bought a whole passenger seat for $50 and just replaced the drivers foam and all. You just have to cut a slit to pass the electronics through. Just use the drivers seat cover you just removed as a template. People are always parting these out. Just have to be patient. Basically brand new since no one sat in it or used the heater.

Doug

4A Play
12-04-2016, 03:59 PM
For $150 each ill mail you all the passenger side seat bottoms you want.

PringlesInVic
12-04-2016, 10:17 PM
I'll save you a search. It's really easy. I got my passenger cover from another member on here. Classifieds always have part outs with seats.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/507326-Ripped-Driver-Seat-Bottom-With-Passenger-Seat-Donor-Cushion