PDA

View Full Version : uhm....help? (radio code problems)

mlo517
12-01-2005, 07:08 PM
K so my radio went into safe mode after i disconnected the battery, and then i accidentally entered the wrong code like 5 times cuase i thought i had it memorized, and now its locked and i cant even enter the code anymore. I have the code and all, but now its been a week and it still wont let me enter the code. I read that you have to wait an hour before you can enter the code....but its been much longer and it still wont let me, anyone have any ideas?

diegomatrix
12-01-2005, 07:14 PM
so...ignition on, engine off, left it for at least an hour with the ignition on, and then you tried to enter code again..and it's still locked?

JMG
12-01-2005, 07:21 PM
I would take it to the audi dealership and have them look up your code again. If they are cool, it should be free.

I changed the title of this thread so it's more apparent what we are posting about.

ExpLlclT
12-01-2005, 08:19 PM
agree ^^ have to do it at the stealership i belive i hope they don't charge you

BranCKY3
12-01-2005, 08:40 PM
As diegomatrix said, leave the key in the ON position with the radio on for at least an hour then try again.

mlo517
12-02-2005, 04:42 PM
well ive been driving around for a week, and its still locked.....would just leaving the key in the ON position make a difference...

Gundem
12-02-2005, 04:46 PM
happened to me...dealer said they have to charge me $75 to run the code to germany...and i said F U....went and bought me a nice banging system.

diegomatrix
12-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by mlo517
well ive been driving around for a week, and its still locked.....would just leaving the key in the ON position make a difference...

yes..

it works like this. if you get the code wrong, it locks. engine off, don't turn off the ignition. don't turn off the radio either. You must leave it on for an hour. after an hour has passed, proceed to enter the code again.

once again, if at this stage, you input the wrong code, it'll lock again and you'll have to wait ANOTHER hour to try again.....