PDA

View Full Version : 220,000km's

labklik
11-30-2005, 08:58 PM
hey everyone,

I just got a 97 1.8T Quattro and it has 220,000km's on it, I've only been driving for a few months and this is my first car, it was previously owned by a mechanic who serviced it quite a lot (the log books show it's been looked after) It's a really nice LOOKING car, tan leather interior, touch screen dvd, reverse cam, zender bodykit etc. but I dont know if it's 'all show and no go', well I've never driven an audi before but this car is as quiet as a mouse, and feels really 'heavy' to drive. I didn't know if thats just the way these cars are or is something wrong? I've been driving it around for a bout a month now and it was ok except now randomly white smoke comes out of the exhaust when Im idleing?

I want to put $$$ into it and make it run nicer and look even better but do you think i'm better off getting rid of it cause of the high km's? Like is it worth putting money into doing it up?

labklik
11-30-2005, 09:27 PM
please somebody give some advice?!

offroader1006
11-30-2005, 09:39 PM
sounds fine to me, i had white smoke on my last A4, as long as it doesnt leak more than .5 qt per oil change interval, i wouldnt worry honestly. if you think it feels slow and are worried about high mileage, just go ahead and throw a K04 on there and drive happy.

labklik
11-30-2005, 09:56 PM
does it make a big difference? k04?

Yuikio
11-30-2005, 11:41 PM
About 230hp and 255 ft/lbs of torque. It would make your car very noticeably quicker.

Just take care of it, do all the recommended maintenance, do all the little maintenance jobs that aren't strictly necessary, change the oil frequently, change filters, plugs, fluids, and if you have your doubts, get it checked for leakdown and compression to see where the engine is at.

joeya103
12-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Yuikio
get it checked for leakdown and compression to see where the engine is at.

how exactly do you do that? if it's at the dealership, i'm guessing it's expensive.

almaster666
12-01-2005, 10:37 AM
find yourself a mechanic, there are plenty who know this stuff just as well as the people at the stealership