PDA

View Full Version : My latest repairs...And a question

blacka41point8t
11-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Well It was snowing here a few days ago and my abs kicked in as I was going up my driveway and I slid into our timberwall head on. hit the license plate and just took it off along with the frame. Cracked my oil pan. put a nice dent in my condensor and radiator. destroyed my power steering pump coolant line. And goodness it cost me alot to get this stuff fixed.

Cam seals- 20
Power steering coolant line- 100
Oil pan with gaskets and seal- 240
Labor- 375
New coolant- 20
New power steering fluid- 25
New oil- another 25

Just pissing me off all the damn repairs to these cars. I probably hit the timberwall going about 9 miles an hour.

Will I be able to get by without replacing the radiator and condensor? They each have a small ding in them. Just pushed in a little bit. I really dont have the money to spend on buying a new radiator and condensor. will it be okay? It runs fine by the way.

Also my snub mount got whacked outta line or something after hitting the wall because my car idles strangely. Any way I can adjust it so it doesn't idle so shaky?

bitterchild
11-30-2005, 05:27 PM
ps2 a/s...

take a prybar to your snub.

If the condensor or radiator don't leak you should be ok. Odds are the condensor leaked. Test it.

blacka41point8t
11-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Actually neither were leaking. From what I saw.

bitterchild
11-30-2005, 05:32 PM
well freon isn't going to drip out :p

blacka41point8t
11-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Would anything be noticeable? Its not a huge dent it just got pushed in a little bit. Nothing extreme like a huge crack etc...

quickglx
12-01-2005, 04:21 AM
Well "freon" won't drip out, but the PAG oil will. One sure way to tell if the refrigerant leaked out is to see if the A/C works. If it's bent too badly or creased, that may not be good. AS long as it isn't being restricted by the damage or the tubes are weakened and may rupture later on. You're probably fine for now.

jaredpgh
12-01-2005, 08:50 AM
if youre worried about the rad leaking, throw some bars leaks in there just to be sure.