PDA

View Full Version : WOW, DVS1.8ts car is FVKIN FAST

nizmosx
11-29-2005, 04:25 PM
He just picked me up on my lunch break so we can do lunch and my god is his car fast. I didnt think anyone can tune a pes kit to be that smooth, fast, and percise. We litterally hit 120mph in a heartbeat on the 105 wich is dead empty at this time. The car is clean and great. With that said does anyone want to buy my car so i can buy his. hahah

TheObiJuan
11-29-2005, 04:27 PM
excuse my ignorance, what does he have done and what does he run in the 1/4?

nizmosx
11-29-2005, 04:36 PM
he has a full pes t28 kit with all suporting mods (ie intake, exhaust, downpipe, test pipe, greddy front mount,..... and custom one of a kind software finely tuned by jeff moss (tourque factory) and giac. You cant get that software anywhere and i want it, its for drive by wire tho and im non dbw.

Devious27t
11-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by nizmosx
he has a full pes t28 kit with all suporting mods (ie intake, exhaust, downpipe, test pipe, greddy front mount,..... and custom one of a kind software finely tuned by jeff moss (tourque factory) and giac. You cant get that software anywhere and i want it, its for drive by wire tho and im non dbw.

my car actually has a functioning labree high flow catalytic converter and put down over 250whp on 91 with the cat installed and functioning, I dont have a test pipe installed at this time (nor have i ever). Thanks for the props Paul glad you had a good time [:D] [drive]

The setup is a custom PES T28 setup that utilizes custom injectors/maf setup / n75 setup.

Not bad for my daily driver hehe....

nizmosx
11-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Sorry i got your specs wrong, i got excited after the drive... Lets do lunch again. hehe. jk

Eurotuned_A4
11-29-2005, 05:02 PM
man, i wish i could have sold my car. instead im having some issues.

sean951
11-29-2005, 05:14 PM
damnit, damnit, damnit...how can i make my PES kit work like yours? lol, i need your set-up. is their any way i can duplicate your set-up? i know its custom tuned, who do i need to talk to to get this done?

Devious27t
11-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by sean951
damnit, damnit, damnit...how can i make my PES kit work like yours? lol, i need your set-up. is their any way i can duplicate your set-up? i know its custom tuned, who do i need to talk to to get this done?

you can buy my car [:D] no seriously though i dont think that there is anyone you can talk to that will release the program. Not sure why....

AsianA408
11-29-2005, 06:47 PM
so are u gonna do this again to the S4.. run with that 11secS4 guy?

nizmosx
11-29-2005, 06:47 PM
From what i understood from austin, his moss sauce setup is one of a kind. Its not an off the shelf chip taht most of us including myself run. GUYS IT REALLY PAYS TO HAVE GREAT TUNING

Jeff
11-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Corn-Fed Wyly's (DVS18t) car will always be slower than my POS B6 [:D]

But if anybody is interested in buying his car, I can personally vouch for it. Austin is a good buddy, and his car is in immaculate shape (sure looks better taken care of than my 03)...with the exception to his center gauge cluster. [;)]

nizmosx
11-29-2005, 06:49 PM
jeff
i should have the cash for you tomorrow morning when paypal clears. My bad dude

Devious27t
11-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Jeff
Corn-Fed Wyly's (DVS18t) car will always be slower than my POS B6 [:D]

But if anybody is interested in buying his car, I can personally vouch for it. Austin is a good buddy, and his car is in immaculate shape (sure looks better taken care of than my 03)...with the exception to his center gauge cluster. [;)]

haha thats not what you said when you had teh GT28R.... moss needs to get me that XR109 file

Jeff
11-29-2005, 06:50 PM
jeff
i should have the cash for you tomorrow morning when paypal clears. My bad dude

You're NOT supossed to blow our cover about the deal dude. I am hooking you up with an extra free Kilo... but wanted you to KEEP A LID on it! [:D]

Jeff
11-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by DVS18t
haha thats not what you said when you had teh GT28R.... moss needs to get me that XR109 file

...but you're still on your ORIGINAL motor... I got BLOWN3D remember? [;)]

nizmosx
11-29-2005, 07:13 PM
You're NOT supossed to blow our cover about the deal dude. I am hooking you up with an extra free Kilo... but wanted you to KEEP A LID on it! [:D]

i never told them im buying a kilo of coke from you. did i =)

Jeff
11-29-2005, 07:14 PM

Oh okay. [:D]

Devious27t
11-29-2005, 07:20 PM

actually YOU were the one who said "coke" he just said something about a deal and an "extra kilo" [;)]

Devious27t
11-29-2005, 07:21 PM
...but you're still on your ORIGINAL motor... I got BLOWN3D remember? [;)]

yeah apparently i dont have good GIAC sauce cause it makes big power and doesnt blow up my motor (in fact with my 3% leak downs it doesnt do anything bad to the motor).

AudiGuy666
11-29-2005, 07:50 PM
pes t28 is fast .
fasted A4 Ive been in [cool]

bitterchild
11-29-2005, 09:15 PM
I must have gotten a fake GIAC file since my engine didn't blow up either. Where can I get a genuine blow up my engine GIAC chip?

TwentyValveB5
11-30-2005, 12:41 AM
DVS: would love to get a ride in your car sometime... you go to any GTGs? check out SCE and come to one :)

Devious27t
11-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by TwentyValveB5
DVS: would love to get a ride in your car sometime... you go to any GTGs? check out SCE and come to one :)

i have been a long time poster on SCE I just havent been posting up on there much lately... I had almost 2000 posts on the old format before lon updated and only 42 on the new one... anyways i am in san clemente and always down to meet up with fellow audi guys. hit me up if you are gonna be around. i havent been able to make it to many of the meets because i am just too busy.

Devious27t
11-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by AudiGuy666
pes t28 is fast .
fasted A4 Ive been in [cool]

mine is faster then the one you have been in [:D]

littlewhite
11-30-2005, 02:18 AM
DVS's ride is hella clean, althoug havent seen it in person, the big res. pix he had up in the past looks tight ! [up]

b00st
11-30-2005, 11:08 AM
man i want my car FVKIN FAST!

nizmosx
11-30-2005, 11:12 AM
me too buddy me too. haha

mike-2ptzero
11-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by TheObiJuan
excuse my ignorance, what does he have done and what does he run in the 1/4?

He doesn't run at the drags, well not in the time that I have known him.

AsianA408: The 11second S4 is in NJ and runs at ATCO at night which is much faster then any tracks here in socal and still faster then SAC raceway. Plus I dont think DVS is going to gut out his S4 to race it, he wont even take the A4 to the races.

94jedi
11-30-2005, 11:43 AM
me too buddy me too. haha

uh yeah, lump me in that club too!!! I want people to get out of my car scared....

94jedi
11-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by mike-2ptzero

AsianA408: The 11second S4 is in NJ and runs at ATCO at night which is much faster then any tracks here in socal and still faster then SAC raceway. Plus I dont think DVS is going to gut out his S4 to race it, he wont even take the A4 to the races.

for some reason I have this urge to just gut my car and make it a track whore. both for the drags and the twisties. I really have no need for a back seat anyway. It'll just get in the way of a roll cage. [eek]

clconversion
11-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Sorry Mike Audi's are not made for 1/4 mile

nizmosx
11-30-2005, 01:33 PM
i agree. but dragging is fun if you havent gone. Building an all around fast car that handles great is my goal. Im 80 percent there. the left over 20 percent is a bt.

Devious27t
11-30-2005, 01:37 PM

in the time you have known me i have had my car as a daily driver and i have work on weekends... its not that i am afraid to do it or anything.. i just cant justify the time to drive down to make just a few passes. the fucking tracks around here are so damn crowded that i would rather make money then wait in line for an hour and a half between passes.

the fact that i havent tracked it is good for anyone that buys the car because they know its been babied... and all of those who wonder take it from mike he has tried many times to get me to go to the track... ha

Devious27t
11-30-2005, 01:38 PM
i agree. but dragging is fun if you havent gone. Building an all around fast car that handles great is my goal. Im 80 percent there. the left over 20 percent is a bt.

lmfao without the BT you are still 80 percent away... lots of powah changed the way the car handles alot, my car is completely sideways if i am on the throttle through a corner the way my suspension is setup.

b00st
11-30-2005, 01:38 PM
nismo...you got pics of your ride?
I just bought my RS4 front bumper...wanted to see RS4 front with stock sides...unless you got different sides on.

AB18
11-30-2005, 01:40 PM
If audis arent good for 1/4 and there weight distribution is favorable for road track, then just what are these things good for?

b00st
11-30-2005, 01:44 PM
pimpin? slow ass fake wanna be fast cars ;)

i dunno i love my ride...and its no slouch with my k04 setup.

nizmosx
11-30-2005, 01:45 PM
These cars are great for auto-x and road racing, canyon runs, and do decent in 1/4 miles. I just feel that audi didnt design the car with drag racing in mind. I think they were thinking more on a handling basis rather than going fast in a straight line like most muscle cars.

b00st
11-30-2005, 01:54 PM
i can agree with that.

clconversion
11-30-2005, 02:11 PM
^^^^ exactly

94jedi
11-30-2005, 02:11 PM
whatever man, quattro and turbo tells me it's good in the QM. It's a well balanced car in general as well, so I'd say it's good for corner carving as well.

mike-2ptzero
11-30-2005, 02:43 PM
These cars are great for auto-x and road racing, canyon runs, and do decent in 1/4 miles. I just feel that audi didnt design the car with drag racing in mind. I think they were thinking more on a handling basis rather than going fast in a straight line like most muscle cars.

It is a 4 cylinder, 4 door family car for nearly $25k. That is why Audi built the RS6 to compete with muscle cars. Any car can be turned into anything you want it to be, it just cost money. It is just fun being able to beat most V8 street cars at the drags and know it would hand them their ass in a road course.

Jeff
11-30-2005, 03:11 PM
"I live my life a Quarter Mile at a time."
Vin Diesel - The Fast & the Furious

Script Originally written by Mike Hood, CMH Productions. Used with permission by Universal Pictures.
┬ęCopyright 2001, All Rights Reserved.

[:D]

Jeff
11-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 94jedi
whatever man, quattro and turbo tells me it's good in the QM. It's a well balanced car in general as well, so I'd say it's good for corner carving as well.

No matter how much I love the Audi, it will never come close to DSM's, especially on the 1/4.

94jedi
11-30-2005, 03:49 PM
No matter how much I love the Audi, it will never come close to DSM's, especially on the 1/4.

ok true, but A4 trannies are as disposable as toilet paper either[:D]

mike-2ptzero
11-30-2005, 05:04 PM

Yes but have you driving in a fast 1/4 mile dsm? Even the fully stock ones ride like shit and I still own one.
My audi was out running my DSM(2g gst eclipse) back even when it just had the custom GIAC chip.

nizmosx
11-30-2005, 05:08 PM
This post turned out to be quite interesting. haha. I say the audi is well rounded enough to do with it as you please. I do however beleive that it would cost a lot more to get the a4 to go fast in a straight line than other options out there. When my car is done i will be 1/4 miling it and road racing it. I love all types of racing, cept nascar. So with that said build as you please guys.

bitterchild
11-30-2005, 05:25 PM
i won't get in to any arguements but I originally bought the a4 so I wouldn't mod it.

Someone tell me what civic hatchbacks were built for? B/c they run 11s with less than $3k invested. They obviously weren't built for drag racing (fwd)...

Eurotuned_A4
11-30-2005, 05:33 PM
they were built for use as big toilets!!

lol, you can make them fast for cheap, but when you can do that a lot of people get them. thats why there are ricemobiles everywhere.....at least there are a lot in WA.

Devious27t
11-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by bitterchild
I originally bought the a4 so I wouldn't mod it.

AHAHAHAHAHA my bad on that one dude.... i think i had a little something to do with this not working out the way you had planned

mike-2ptzero
11-30-2005, 08:57 PM
i won't get in to any arguements but I originally bought the a4 so I wouldn't mod it.

Someone tell me what civic hatchbacks were built for? B/c they run 11s with less than $3k invested. They obviously weren't built for drag racing (fwd)...

Yes but they are called gutted trailer queens. Hell how hard is it to make a 1200 lbs tin can go fast? Not hard at all.

BTW I am sure its a bit more then $3k if you they have to buy a truck, trailer, nice floor jack and slicks to make it go that fast. Oh and lets not forget the endless supply of half shafts they will need every other trip to the track.

Devious27t
11-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Yes but they are called gutted trailer queens. Hell how hard is it to make a 1200 lbs tin can go fast? Not hard at all.

FWIW my buddies 550whp civic was daily driven.... most of them are.

he was a horrible driver and still ran 11.0

offroader1006
11-30-2005, 09:28 PM
my audi was built to make all other non audi drivers very, very jealous

bitterchild
11-30-2005, 09:42 PM

BTW I am sure its a bit more then $3k if you they have to buy a truck, trailer, nice floor jack and slicks to make it go that fast. Oh and lets not forget the endless supply of half shafts they will need every other trip to the track.

Every honda/acura I've had was stripped and daily driven. Curb weight is about 2100lb on average. $3k is your basic turbo kit, fueling, drag radials and a clutch. That's enough to break into 11s. Stock shafts are ok if you drive correctly. Different strokes for different folks. Like I said, I got the audi as a nice daily. Then that bastard austin hooked me up.

AB18
11-30-2005, 09:47 PM
My car has been nothing but a living hell making it fast. Sure hope its worth it.

mike-2ptzero
12-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Every honda/acura I've had was stripped and daily driven. Curb weight is about 2100lb on average. $3k is your basic turbo kit, fueling, drag radials and a clutch. That's enough to break into 11s. Stock shafts are ok if you drive correctly. Different strokes for different folks. Like I said, I got the audi as a nice daily. Then that bastard austin hooked me up.

Basic kits dont make 11 second cars. Plus you need a tuning setup to run all of that fueling and turbo. Plus if you run high boost on a civic motor it better be built with all the right parts.

In all the races I have been to, there is always a few civics that snap a shaft. There is no right and wrong way to drive a turbo civic when launching at the drags, its just the point that the shaft is a tooth pick between power and traction.

psipleasure
12-01-2005, 12:26 AM
all this talk makes me want to build a turbo h22 civic hatch, which i will do once im done with this.

mike-2ptzero
12-01-2005, 10:59 AM
H22? That is old school. Most are using the 2.4 liter now out of the ugly SUV.

Devious27t
12-01-2005, 02:08 PM
H22? That is old school. Most are using the 2.4 liter now out of the ugly SUV.

you are thinking of the chain driven K24... some people prefer the old school B18, B20 hybrid or H22, i know if i built a civic it would be all motor B20.

Jeff
12-01-2005, 03:31 PM
How this this whole convo turn into building Honduh's? [:D]

94jedi
12-01-2005, 03:56 PM

It's a viscous circle. I bought my audi becuase I've always wanted an a4 with quattro. I didn't even want a 1.8t for fear of modding it but I figured since I was broke, I couldn't do much damage any way....Then I started talking to bitterchild. It's all been downhill from there.

b00st
12-01-2005, 04:12 PM
yeah bitter is dangerous that way...mod bug bites when he's around.

bitterchild
12-01-2005, 04:28 PM
somehow stock b16 w/ stock shafts can make 11 sec passes on drag radials. No doubt the shafts snap eventually but when. Every street race is from a roll anyways :p

b00st
12-01-2005, 04:57 PM
it can...its just not on the average 3K turbo kit. cuz they suck...last time i looked....the civic 3k turbo kit didn't even break 200whp and was around 170wtq.

on a D16
92oct
13-15psi
low compression headgasket
225whp
200wtq

though i see some kits jump up to 450 or even 550hp. but they require serious cash...the 3k kits to me aren't worth it.

i looked all over...most of the kits are claiming 200+whp for 3K.

some of the rev hard kits were putting serious numbers down but were not in the 3k range [;)]

here's another highest i saw for the 3k range.
Type of Turbo GReddy/Mitsubishi TD05H-18G
Housing sizes 8cm2
Wheel trim 55.1 compressor, 76.8 turbine
Boost on standard kit 5.7 psi, 7 psi w/intercooler
Dyno tested output @ wheels 220.1, 244.3 w/intercooler
Fuel Enrichment: Four 310cc low impedance injectors and Fuel Control Unit (FCU)
Intercooler Optional
Retain use of air conditioning? Yes
Include installation manual? Yes
Include warranty? Yes
CARB E. O. D-397-7
MSRP $3149

GReddy Performance Products

nizmosx
12-01-2005, 05:34 PM
You have to take weight into consideration. A 200 wheel horse fwd car that weighs less than my left nut will be super quick in the drags. With a decent driver and some slickeronies.

b00st
12-01-2005, 06:04 PM
i knew someone would mention the weight thing...i beat a turbo civic on just chip, exhaust, and intake...i'm sure it was one of these 3k budget kits.

we are talking street cars here though...tollbooth shot...man did he get killed....

then again i've had my ass handed to me bad by this turbo civic....i thought we was gonna be easy till i saw the E-01 in the dash...and then the busmounted IC he had on his car. it was a mid 12s civic with 20k into the car. i lost bad...but i could have bought like 3 cars to my one.

there is this website out there thats kind of setup like a receipe.
if you do these to your civic...it will get you this much power and this in the 1/4. but it wasn't until around 10K+ that they were getting fast.

you can see from here that most of these kits arent going to cut it. if your car weighs 2000lbs and has 200whp....i'll give it credit..but civics don't and their basic bolt kits suck...

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/sport_compact/turbo.html

then you can up it but then they start talking crank numbers 240-250...and their TQ never breaks 200. TQ gets you out of the hole...HP finishes the race....this just lacks both.

mike-2ptzero
12-01-2005, 06:51 PM
somehow stock b16 w/ stock shafts can make 11 sec passes on drag radials. No doubt the shafts snap eventually but when. Every street race is from a roll anyways :p

Street racing is like kissing your sister, nothing good comes from doing it and here in Socal its not worth losing your ride to run some 16 year old kid running his slow civic.

b00st: Yes tq gets you out of the hole, but less tq is needed on a much lighter car. One of the pro drivers made about 176 tq on a CRX that ran 10's on a All Motor setup.

b00st
12-01-2005, 09:33 PM
yeah i read about that CRX in my crusing for the that webpage on the build of the civics into 12 second and lower cars.

and yes i agree less is needed the lighter the car but still...more doesn't hurt either unless your spinning all day long. i guess people need to learn how to put it down to the ground.

bitterchild
12-01-2005, 10:38 PM
t3/t4 500
dsm inj 120
log mani 250
oil lines 40
afc hack 250

you get the idea

mike-2ptzero
12-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by b00st
yeah i read about that CRX in my crusing for the that webpage on the build of the civics into 12 second and lower cars.

and yes i agree less is needed the lighter the car but still...more doesn't hurt either unless your spinning all day long. i guess people need to learn how to put it down to the ground.

Well the thing is that most turbo cars make peak tq below the power band that they use for drag racing. Even if the honda guys could make big tq, they run the car to about 9k-10k rpms. Plus most launch at very high rpms so the hp takes over to get the car off the line. I actually do the same thing, since I launch the car at 7k rpms and my peak tq is below that.

arizona steve
12-02-2005, 02:14 AM
if your trying to buy a kit for your hatch to make it fast; thats your first problem. if i ever had a hatch well, first off ide go all motor k20 and run low 12's with no turbo and no lag :)

but if i were to do b series turbo you gota peice that shit together slowly yourself and save money.

bitterchild
12-02-2005, 08:55 AM
lag means you're in the wrong gear

mike-2ptzero
12-02-2005, 09:29 AM
lag means you're in the wrong gear

Actually thats wrong too. The problem is that most people have the wrong idea of what "lag" really is. Most people think its at what rpm the turbo kicks in when its really the amount of time it takes the turbo to full spool up after going wot while in the power band. Here is a defintion of "LAG" from a web site that does nothing but talk about a turbo setup.

Lag is not to be confused with the boost threshold, however many publications still make this basic mistake. The boost threshold of a turbo system describes the minimum turbo rpm at which the turbo is physically able to supply the requested boost level. Newer turbocharger and engine developments have caused boost thresholds to steadily decline to where day-to-day use feels perfectly natural. Putting your foot down at 1200 engine rpm and having no boost until 2000 engine rpm is an example of boost threshold and not lag.

bitterchild
12-02-2005, 10:30 AM
well thanks for that. Have you seen anybody playing around w/ variable area turbine nozzles? They were supposed to be the next big step in turbocharger technology but beyond a couple one off turbo diesels I havn't seen much.

mike-2ptzero
12-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Are you talking about variable vane technology? If so I haven't seen any thing new since I read about it on the Garrett web site a few years back.

k0mpresd
12-02-2005, 10:39 AM
http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2319616

offroader1006
12-02-2005, 11:37 AM
international uses something like that on there VT engines

nizmosx
12-02-2005, 01:44 PM
If the turbos your talking about are the ones that are electronically spooled so that there is no lag they are suposed to be released on the brand new nissan skyline.

b00st
12-02-2005, 02:10 PM
which is slated for 2008. with possible buy in late 07.

pricing still speculative: 60-70k
motor is still speculative...but the newest was based of the VQ motor but bumped to 3.6 instead of a 3.5L backed by twin turbos...still pushing the 450hp but as stated...they thought it was a big underestimate. V8 still may be in contention.

R34GTR...rated at 280...more like 320-340hp. that the deal with japan and motors being over 280HP so they just lie. so they just lie and underestimate.

bitterchild
12-02-2005, 02:50 PM
variable vane, not electrically supercharged. nice link.

borg warner... wow. Guess they have been working on that for 20 years

276 bhp is the magic number... or was

tkarwin
12-02-2005, 04:49 PM
The new 997 Turbo will have variable geomety in the turbo. Apparently the idea is that by changing the geometry is has all the benefits of a small turbo and then changes to have all of the benefits of the larger turbos. It sounds like really cool technology.

Article about the new turbo on germancarfans.com (http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2051115.002/porsche/1.html)

mike-2ptzero
12-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by tkarwin
The new 997 Turbo will have variable geomety in the turbo. Apparently the idea is that by changing the geometry is has all the benefits of a small turbo and then changes to have all of the benefits of the larger turbos. It sounds like really cool technology.

Article about the new turbo on germancarfans.com (http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2051115.002/porsche/1.html)

Yes but as they add more parts the easier it will be to break and the more it will cost to replace.

b00st
12-02-2005, 07:54 PM

276 bhp is the magic number... or was

276 was the magic number. not that 280 is a big increase..but they went with lying. those BMI videos give a lot of insight to the japanese market.

bitterchild
12-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by b00st
276 was the magic number. not that 280 is a big increase..but they went with lying. those BMI videos give a lot of insight to the japanese market.

what kind of insight? All I see is drifting and circuit racing stock hondas.

they agreed on published numbers to avoid the horsepower war now witnessed between some european manufacturers