PDA

View Full Version : Does the audi dealer have tuneups?

tanklee
11-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Do audi dealers have tune ups like the honda/acura guys? My car has been running like crap and wondering if i can get it running right. Everytime i get something fixed, something else bad happens. Ive heard my friend spend about 750 on a tuneup and i was wondering how much it would be for our cars.

tanklee
11-29-2005, 02:00 PM
oh but i DO change everything im supposed to.

R-Dub
11-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Define a tune up.

If your having certain syptoms/throwing certain CELs we could tell you whats wrong.

Going into any dealership and saying 'hey my car isnt working very well can you fix it?' is asking for a no lube-white knuckle rape.

Because they will go in for 90/hr and take thier sweet time, and in the end, replace something that doesnt really need replaced or do something that you could have done yourself for a fraction of the price.

I highly advise NOT to go to the dealership...ever.

Go to a local shop, explain your syptoms and they will (hopefully) help you honestly.

Other than that - roll up your sleeves and DIY!!

tanklee
11-29-2005, 02:15 PM
aite thanks.

Redgoat
11-29-2005, 03:13 PM
I always thought a tune up was pretty much change all filters (oil, air, cabin air) change oil, change plugs and wires, and grease all hinges..

You could do that yourself pretty damn easily

LateraLex
11-29-2005, 03:41 PM
tanklee - I agree with these guys that you should avoid the dealer at all costs. You can do some of these jobs in 5 minutes like air filter, and greasing the hinges. If you feel a little more daring then you could do the plugs, coils, and oil.

If not just call around a few shops and ask for quotes, I couldn't see how those jobs could cost more than $400 with parts - but then again I've never asked.

quickglx
11-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Agreed, skip the dealer. Getting new plugs, air filter, and an oil change is about as close to a tune up as it gets these days. You don't have to adjust points, change the cap and rotor, or adjust the carburetor and ignition timing anymore....

Redgoat
11-29-2005, 10:03 PM
^^^^ ahhh the good 'ol days!

pierce
11-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Of Course! Audi dealership's will do ANYTNING, but expect to pay dump truck loads of $$$$$.

Except, my local Audi dealer has free doughnuts and Deer Park water. It's funny, though, on the 'fridge door for the water it says "Audi Clients Only". Haha.

tanklee
11-29-2005, 10:06 PM
well! i guess im stayin away from the dealer on this.