PDA

View Full Version : Cruise

dukez
11-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Control still doesnt work, its all jacked up. Ive been driving it on the on postiing since i bought the damn thing, i flicked it hard to the right to off, i didnt know it went that far, then i set it back to on. But im not cruising, or how the fuck is it suppose to work, when i rlease the gas pedal i just lose speed.

Scuba06Steve
11-28-2005, 09:21 PM
lol i have the same problem, my crusie control is really really weird... ill set it, and when i want to speed up ill push it to the left where the + is, but it will slow down, so then ill try to the right where the - is and it will speed up, and then some days it switches back. really messed up.

badassbaldie
11-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Cruise control, in LA, come on Scuba Steve, DAMN YOU!!!

Eurotuned_A4
11-28-2005, 10:18 PM
mine doesnt even work, but i know what the problem is...i just dont want to pay to fix it because i never use it.

salz2135
11-28-2005, 11:13 PM
my CC is jacked too. i've given up trying to get it to work. maybe someday I'll have it looked at.

Scuba06Steve
11-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by badassbaldie
Cruise control, in LA, come on Scuba Steve, DAMN YOU!!!

haha the 105 is not that bad really... or at least the times im on it.

when i drive to disneyland with my gf my leg gets sooo tired.

badassbaldie
11-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Ive got a friend out by you that says a 2-3 hour commute each way isn't unusual. I just thought it sounded kinda funny talking about cruise control in LA...

94jedi
11-29-2005, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Eurotuned_A4
mine doesnt even work, but i know what the problem is...i just dont want to pay to fix it because i never use it.

so what's the problem? The control module? mine doesn't work either.

jbrentd
11-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Mine is really weird also. It's like it has a mind of its own. Sometimes it works, most of time it doesn't. And sometimes I'll have it set and it will just stop working for no reason. The +/- functionality never works, it just causes it to turn off.

onemoremile
11-29-2005, 08:16 AM
the switch on the stalk is probably dirty. i joined an email list for VR6 volkswagens several years ago and this is a recurring topic.

the contacts inside the switch get dirty and work intermittently. for example, my set button works now and then but the resume/accelerate button always works. i usually just hold it until i'm at the speed i want and then release it. the car then holds the set speed.

you can get an electrical contact cleaner from radio shack. a bit of that in the switch should make a big difference. this stuff can also work wonders on scratchy volume knobs on old radios. my wife's car is suffering from that right now.

SeanF
11-29-2005, 08:24 AM
that switch is pretty technical

i used the cleaner for the sunroof switch, and it worked well, but the cruise switch has springs, and all sorts of tiny stuff, i dont want to bust into it yet...

Eurotuned_A4
11-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by 94jedi
so what's the problem? The control module? mine doesn't work either.

i had it checked out a long time ago. it was some switch or something like that. ill have to try and find what it was this weekand. i know it was written down on the receipt. it would have cost like $150+ to fix, so i didnt get it done since i dont use it...

Weejie
11-29-2005, 10:12 AM
it could be the switch, or it could be the cc module in the engine bay itself. mine doesn't work either, and my shop told me i needed a new cc vacuum or something like that. it definitely wasn't the switch for me, so make sure you know before you start taking off your steering wheel...

juju4uofa
11-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Mine works most of the time but every once in a while it surges. When it does this my speedometer needle "twitches" It's crazy. Damn Germans!

Kruat
11-29-2005, 12:33 PM
I'm worked when I first got the car, but now it doesn't. I'm just gonna replace the whole stalk.

diegomatrix
11-29-2005, 01:30 PM
i hate cruise controls too.....
i trust my golden foot..hahaha..

set off, set on, then press down on the button at the end of the cruise stalk. if it still doesn't work, then yea, probably the switch.

check the b5 faq on aw as well. they got some really good diagnosis write-up for cc

ndbw cc diagnosis (http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1273770.phtml)
cc stalk fix (http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/2383753.phtml)
cc stalk fix 2 (http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1996882.phtml)