PDA

View Full Version : Front Bumper Incident

A4_Damian
11-28-2005, 11:41 AM
I just messed up my front bumper....I drove into my local mall yesterday and I parked my car as always but when i got out of the mall as I was pulling away from my parking space somehow my front bumper got stuck with that sement thing they have on parking spaces and it ripped off my front bumper. I managed to clip it back into place but now everytime i get on the freeway it comes off on the sides...do you guys think that the clips got bent a bit and they are not holding as tight as usual or that perhaps im missing something a clip or a screw somewhere?

SeKKeY
11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
same thing happened to me..xept the cement block ripped off my lower valence..sorry bout the bumper..i think a clip might have broke off

A4_Damian
11-28-2005, 01:44 PM
well...i notice that there are 2 clips on the right and 2 on the left...all four are there and there are no broken but im not sure if they are grabbing the bumper as strong as they should. Are there any more clips on the center part of the bumper near the headlights????

offroader1006
11-28-2005, 01:46 PM
mine did the same thing. i had to take it all the way off, then put it back on(i was doing the TB), i properly clipped it and it held fine after that.

make sure you clip the top and bottom clips on the side

Crisqo
11-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Yup...gotta take the whole bumper off..
to re-align it to the side clips, and just push it in..

BzeB5A4
11-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Dang that sux, hopefully just re-alignin it will do the trick

sorry to go off topic..

Hey Offroader, pm box is full.
Or check your ORP Intake Setup Thread.

lude2euroa4
11-28-2005, 02:43 PM
i had a similar problem with the sides going off, there is a clip in the middle of the sides, line up the top of the side so it slips in and then push hard in the middle of the side

ExpLlclT
11-28-2005, 04:57 PM
this seems like a perfect excuse for the rs4 replica bumper or an S4 bumper [:D]

A4_Damian
12-01-2005, 11:13 AM
http://www.pcoverhaul.net/ebay/clips.jpg

This are the clips that keep falling off on both sides. Are there anymore clips??? I think thats what you guys are saying but im not sure. Cause what i thought was that maybe since the bumper was ripped off that maybe the clips opened up a bit and they are not holding as tight as they should....you guys think that could be the problem? and have any of you guys ever purchased this? Thanks for the help guys

BTW---not enough funds for the s4 bumper ;(

A4_Damian
12-01-2005, 02:43 PM
please bump for help...thanks

SeanF
12-01-2005, 03:52 PM
they have given you all you need to know... take off your bumper, and put it back on correctly...

instructions to take off the bumper can be found here:
http://www.goapr.com/Audi/support/snub_mount.pdf

Aliel
12-01-2005, 11:41 PM
It happend to me too. I just put screws from the bumper going to the fender. You can't notice them at all and it holds it perfectly.

A4_Damian
12-02-2005, 08:46 AM
I think i might get a s4 bumper....i must said that i had to get an approval from the wife but is all good....now i got to find out what im going to need to do the exchange and how much its going to cost me :)

SeanF
12-02-2005, 10:38 AM
search for all that stuff in the archives... is been gone into depth multiple times

basically all youll need is the bumper (with support) grills, foglights, and platecover...