PDA

View Full Version : where can I get one valeo ecode, mine is broken

yusoslo
11-28-2005, 10:07 AM
I recently posted where my car was hit. When I bought the car it had valeo ecodes with silver bulbs and no amber in the corners (I dont know if they come all clear or this needs to be moddified)

now i either need to replace this light housing.......

or.....The lens is not cracked but the lower mounting tabs must be loose, I cant open the hood due to the accident but the top is securly mounted but the bottome wigges a bit.

any info would be great.

BarryT82
11-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Well the headlight has 2 tabs on the top and one on each side. The top tabs can be replaced and the others can be glued or something if you have the piece that broke.

yusoslo
11-28-2005, 11:03 AM
i think I will go that route, gluing them and adding a plastic tab to glue over the broken joint as well for more support.

cheaper and easier than buying an ecode and removing the amber corner.

once I can open the hood i will find those broken mounts, it seems to be the loosest where the headlight is nearest the grill and more solid near the fender.

BarryT82
11-28-2005, 11:36 AM
There is a tab that connects next to the radiator. It doesn't have a screw in it. It has a piece of plastic that sticks out and pops into place.

yusoslo
11-28-2005, 02:41 PM
hmm, I will have to find out if it popped out or its broken. I hate not being able to open the hood.

infamous2.0
11-28-2005, 02:45 PM
how much does a set of e-codes go for?

yusoslo
11-28-2005, 02:53 PM
399 @ ecstuning.com