PDA

View Full Version : Mahalo to Thomas at TAI-VW...

boysan
11-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Thanks also to the folks here that spread the good word around about his shop in Wahiawa.[up]

Yesterday, I took my B6 in to get new ECS slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads installed. Basically, my rear pads were down to the backing.[eek] OEM rear pads must be a softer compound because they wear way faster and dust a whole lot more than the fronts.

After I left TAI-VW, I did the recommended bed-in procedure on an empty side street (folks must have thought I was learning how to drive or something). So far, not a squeak nor a peep out of the pads. I haven't stood on the brakes yet, but the at least the feel is noticeably better than OEMs. I'll get a better sense once the pads and rotors are better bedded-in.

Thanks again, Thomas, for the great work.[wrench] It was also cool to finally admire that slammed TT in person.[tt] Even though I live and work in town, it's worth the drive[drive]

HIstateS8
11-23-2005, 04:48 PM
That reminds me I gotta do my brakes too. Congrats on your new mod![up]

boysan
11-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks, man. It'll be nice to not have dirty wheels only two days after washing the car.

AudiBoy808
11-25-2005, 03:00 AM
Hey David, Can I ask how much he charged cause I've got new rotors, pads, and brake lines waiting to be installed. If you don't want to post the price you can PM me.

Thanks,