PDA

View Full Version : Very bizarre issue...

H8stock
09-21-2016, 10:18 PM
I changed a cv joint in my 2.8 avant, and now the car won't start! It started great before doing cv joint, now it won't click, no fuel pump buzz, lights on the dash are on, battery is good. It literally just stopped starting after cv joint install. What am I missing?

Bordom
09-22-2016, 07:54 AM
Front or rear of the car? ECU probably took a shit on you

EDIT: Might actually be ignition lock cylinder

Everything graciously mispelled by Android

MetalMan
09-22-2016, 07:58 AM
Front or rear of the car? ECU probably took a shit on you

EDIT: Might actually be ignition lock cylinder

Everything graciously mispelled by Android

Or ignition switch.

H8stock
09-22-2016, 09:00 AM
That crossed my mind, but would the dash still turn on if the ignition was bad? Does the ignition also send the signal to the fuel pump? Because I have no fuel pump prime, and it doesn't even try to start the starter. Just lit up dash, and silence when I turn the key.

MetalMan
09-22-2016, 09:07 AM
That crossed my mind, but would the dash still turn on if the ignition was bad? Does the ignition also send the signal to the fuel pump? Because I have no fuel pump prime, and it doesn't even try to start the starter. Just lit up dash, and silence when I turn the key.

Yeah you can expect that if the ignition switch is bad, the dash lights will still turn on, but it spin the starter or run the fuel pump.

H8stock
09-22-2016, 11:17 AM
Thank you for your help, I will go get an ignition switch and test it out.

3A4s
09-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Did you find the cause of your problem? I have the same problem with my 1.8T. Good battery, dash lights, but no response when key is turned, not even a click.

3A4s
09-26-2016, 06:23 PM
This has happened intermittently - car would not start and then would operate without problems for a while. This last occurrence comes after not driving the car for several weeks.
If you have any insight from how you solved your problem, I would appreciate it.