PDA

View Full Version : APR FMIC Fitment - Any Experience?

AudiB5owner
09-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Hey guys. I came across an APR FMIC for a decent price and was wondering if anyone has experience installing one of these things with a stock A4 bumper cover? I know these things are relics but I'm hoping that there's a chance someone knows about this FMIC. I found on the APR site that it may require a larger bumper cover but I'm not sure. I understanding that cutting the inside of the bumper bar is a must. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

http://goapr.at/images/RS6/289apr_fmic3.jpg

coolgraymemo
09-07-2016, 07:11 PM
I considered buying it, but the fitment turned me away.

The seller had trouble even with a B5/S4 front bumper.

Davdraco1
09-07-2016, 07:13 PM
I find it hard to believe APR would make something that doesnt fit without mods to the support. But who knows.

AudiB5owner
09-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Yeah it looks like it drops down pretty low, almost where the lower valence ends. Not sure about this one

nynoah
09-08-2016, 07:04 AM
Few were sold and they were never copied by other brands. You are experiencing the why.

b6Hate4
09-08-2016, 07:51 AM
I cant imagine why they did it the way they did other than to be bold and different. Its just not the correct way to go about it.

MetalMan
09-08-2016, 08:27 AM
I cant imagine why they did it the way they did other than to be bold and different. Its just not the correct way to go about it.

Agreed. The way they run the piping is kinda... atrocious. Crazy that they use the frame rail brace tube, then a pipe connects the driver-side end of that to the FMIC, then the FMIC outlet pipe runs up to the throttle body. They basically added in an extra 4+ feet of piping (not counting the extra bends) compared to a typical FMIC setup.

I wouldn't do it.

b6Hate4
09-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Not to mention most FMIC's that are tall have issues with heat soaking at the bottom while the top doesnt see nearly as much airflow, treadstone uses their split entry to guide air to the upper section of the core to remedy this issue. APR's is essentially a super tall yet skinny core turned on its side.... No thanks.