PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Help

A4Modded
09-05-2016, 04:19 PM
I am having problems with the clutch not disengaging all the way. Having a problem getting it into gears and when all the wheels are off the ground the wheels spin in first gear and the clutch is on the floor. I have checked/removed the slave cylinder and it is not leaking any fluid. I am currently trying to bleed it now. If i were to gravity feed should fluid be coming out of it if there were no air in it? Any help would be appreciated.

xthealienatorx
09-06-2016, 07:38 AM
The can be tricky to bleed imo, in my experience fluid wont just come out noticeably per the force of gravity. just sit there, pump the clutch and keep letting fluid out until there is no air left. its kinda hard to tell as the feels springy from the pressure plate anyways. get it to where the clutch pedals builds pressure just in front of the brake pedal. be careful with the nipple as its plastic.

A4Modded
09-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Someone has already replaced it once since it has a lot of miles on it. So it has a metal one. What do you mean by build up pressure right in front of the brake pedal? When you can start feeling it disengaging the clutch at that point?
I have tried to bleed it and no air is coming out. the clutch began with it not being able to return. i stopped when the pedal started to return. every time i push the clutch pedal in though i get a little squeak for the whole i time i am pushing it in.
Edit:
Just checked the pedal side of the master cylinder and have no leak coming from the back.

PZ.
09-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Make sure you have the back of the car higher than the front to bleed the clutch cylinder. With the bleed screw at the back, air will remain trapped in the front if it is higher.