PDA

View Full Version : How do I install a non vvt AEB head onto a vvt AWM block?

YungSavage
08-29-2016, 08:46 PM
Also, what should I replace seeing that I'm rebuilding the block and have my A4 in the service position?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

RichLu
08-29-2016, 09:22 PM
Hey to install the aeb head on the awm. You would need to do some slight mods such for the tensioner vvt just swap the one from the awm head over or buy that style. Also use the awm intake manifold for the extra port helps a bit with carbon build if u staying stock that it with that part. Also use the awm TB but I suggest you buy the interpreted engineering dowel pin for crank which is made sturdier due to the 4 pins hold it down vs the oem one pin. Most ppl with ur setup plan to go beyond 300hp and oem dowel pin is good for 280 give or take horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csosnowski
08-29-2016, 09:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DzqdR0z.jpg

RagtagXMASTER
08-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Transfer the vvt assembly from awm to aeb head. Change cam gear to match your crank pulley. Use aeb manifold for aeb head. I am not 100% sure if you change over the cam window as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davdraco1
08-30-2016, 06:53 AM
Don't do what rich said

YungSavage
08-30-2016, 02:16 PM
Why so?

Davdraco1
08-30-2016, 04:12 PM
dont use an awm IM, use and aeb one, the ports are different sizes and you'll want them to match each other. you will need to put the VVT into the aeb head. ive read some people swap the cams over, i could be wrong about that, look into it more. But you def need to swap the VVT into it. other then that, your good. you dont need a new dowel pin. and why are you switching to an aeb head?

csosnowski
08-30-2016, 04:32 PM
Why so?

Because it's fragmented and is missing important information.

A fragmented recommendation will end with a fragmented running car or fragmented engine.

AEB on AWM requires the proper Head bolts for the block, proper timing components for the block (I.e. Cam gear for 06a/b).

As for the cam chain tensioner, all that is needed is the proper tensioner for the AWM or later head. Head gaskets are the same.

Transition spacer for the AWM intake manifold is about the only other thing I can think of. AEB intake manifold lacks certain ports that your car will be looking for unless you're going to reroute a bunch of things.