PDA

View Full Version : Rear camber

schmitty411
08-12-2016, 02:44 PM
I'm new to owning audi's and have an 01 a4 Quattro that needs the rear end aligned. Can I order just the bushings and hardware to replace it? Probably a stupid question to be asking

Bordom
08-12-2016, 02:54 PM
You'll need to press the bushings out.

What area do you want to replace? Gotta be more specific

Everything graciously mispelled by Android

schmitty411
08-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Honestly I'm not sure what area besides the rear camber needs to be fixed. My tires are tilted in so I have negative camber and I'm going through tires every couple of months. And really don't feel like spending the money to buy new tires every 3-4 months. Just trying to get an idea on what I need to do

down_n_dapper
08-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Either raise the thing or get adjustable rear control arms to adjust camber, only two options.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bordom
08-12-2016, 08:53 PM
More than likely your toe is out. Do you have pictures of how the car sits? Stock, lowered?

Gotta give us more info like Year/Make/Model/Trim Q/FWD and TIP/Man and then mods

kruftindustries
08-13-2016, 02:43 PM
I went for an alignment the other day and the guy did the rear camber and toe. Probably not enough adjustment in the stock set up for a lowered vehicle though.

Bordom
08-13-2016, 06:57 PM
I went for an alignment the other day and the guy did the rear camber and toe. Probably not enough adjustment in the stock set up for a lowered vehicle though.
There is enough to make the camber even on both sides and set toe to 0.

Toe is what eats tires in a short amount of time. Camber takes much longer

FYI: I'm 24.5ftg in front and 24.75ftg in back. My alignment is roughly -1.5°rear camber and toe is set to 0 all around

Seerlah
08-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Rear eccentric bolt most likely won't come out without cutting the bolt and possibly compromising control arm in process of trying to replace. Happened to me. Just keep it in there and check the spec sheet when done. Some places are better than others. And know you can use factory service centers for service even if you aren't having that particular brand car serviced (ie have it done at Nissan dealership vs cliche Mavis, Firestone, etc). They tend to do better quality work too, depending.

walky_talky20
08-14-2016, 06:38 PM
^And you can get a Latte in the waiting room.

Seerlah
08-14-2016, 06:54 PM
And a flat-screen television (possibly more than one), cable and remote with a waiting room that can quite possibly put the best decked out room you have in your house to shame. I would prefer to sit on a cushion couch whIle drinking my complimentary Kurig K-cup vs hard plastic seats resting next to a water dispenser with no plastic cups left and commercial radio blaring in the background (we all know this scene too well). Plus you can take the opportunity to browse new cars.

crazyquik22023
08-15-2016, 05:30 AM
Honestly I'm not sure what area besides the rear camber needs to be fixed. My tires are tilted in so I have negative camber and I'm going through tires every couple of months. And really don't feel like spending the money to buy new tires every 3-4 months. Just trying to get an idea on what I need to do

Going through tires every couple months sounds really extreme to me. I am very low (about -3.5 degrees of camber in the rear) and I can go about 2 years without replacing tires. I don't daily the car but I put a fair amount of miles on per year. As said above I bet your toe is way out of spec.

10kredline
08-17-2016, 12:55 PM
I wonder how long this guy's tires last...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhT3C9mHLZ4