PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 440cc GREEN GIANTS

b5a4erik
07-30-2016, 02:26 PM
Yo,

I've got these injectors: https://c1552172.ssl.cf0.rackcdn.com/263972_x800.jpg

They're not sitting in their sockets. Does the plastic bit @ the tip of the injectors need to be removed?

Please and Thanks,

~ ea

b5a4erik
07-30-2016, 03:07 PM
Bump.

A4INGS
07-30-2016, 03:39 PM
no. you need spacers. https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/Injector_Spacers/ES3159/

b5a4erik
07-30-2016, 10:13 PM
From ECS:

"A direct drop in fuel injector for the standard fuel rail.
B6 A4 owners will require fuel injector spacers."

I drive a B5, shouldn't these injectors just "drop in?"

Dan[FN]6262
07-31-2016, 05:31 AM
post a pic

Corrado_Guy
07-31-2016, 08:57 AM
From ECS:

"A direct drop in fuel injector for the standard fuel rail.
B6 A4 owners will require fuel injector spacers."

I drive a B5, shouldn't these injectors just "drop in?"

There are different B5 models and what may fit in one may not fit in another. I had these injectors in my ATW 1.8T and they are longer than the stocks so they did need a spacer on the rail to push it up. THere is a indentation in the injector seat where the seal sits and you should not be pushing the injector any further in. I used 3 or 4 washers to space the rail up when I was running green giants and it worked fine so play with it and get it spaced properly.

b5a4erik
07-31-2016, 09:50 AM
There are different B5 models and what may fit in one may not fit in another. I had these injectors in my ATW 1.8T and they are longer than the stocks so they did need a spacer on the rail to push it up. THere is a indentation in the injector seat where the seal sits and you should not be pushing the injector any further in. I used 3 or 4 washers to space the rail up when I was running green giants and it worked fine so play with it and get it spaced properly.

Spacers between the injectors / rail OR injectors / head?

Alex-A4-Avant
07-31-2016, 10:01 AM
Fuel rail to head mounting position to push the rail further away so the bigger injectors fit

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Dan[FN]6262
07-31-2016, 10:33 AM
how do you guys have injectors in your cylinder heads?

Did you swap in a FSI engine?

Or do you guys mean the intake manifold?

Dan[FN]6262
07-31-2016, 10:35 AM
I don't understand how there's so much trouble with this... people have been putting those shitty Green Giant injectors in these cars since they were released 10+ years ago and it is well documented.

Maybe try searching instead of starting a new fucking thread every time you have a question

tar
07-31-2016, 11:29 AM
6262;11787900']I don't understand how there's so much trouble with this... people have been putting those shitty Green Giant injectors in these cars since they were released 10+ years ago and it is well documented.

Maybe try searching instead of starting a new fucking thread every time you have a question

This x100. Ps cooler, this and the 2x fmic. None of which were productive or couldn't be found googling or similar.

Believer
07-31-2016, 02:19 PM
Just boosting that post count fam.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Dan[FN]6262
07-31-2016, 03:56 PM
vape is lyfe fam

zevond
07-31-2016, 04:05 PM
Need some fuel rail spacers

Avant Nate
07-31-2016, 07:26 PM
48 or 60?

b5a4erik
07-31-2016, 08:00 PM
Y'all are trippin'.

I did search.

They were productive to me.

& updated information is the way to go.

Dan, I once believed in you. and I still have hope, but dude... take these easy wipes for your dirty ass bro.

Tar, it was FMIC + SMIC, not 2 FMIC, now THAT, would be ridiculous ;)

everybody lets just cool it because that's the only way we're truly going to be able to help each other.

Now: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/383854-Green-Giants-into-AEB-fitting-issue This post said that they had to trim them. The green giants are smaller then the stock ones. I'm gonna figure this out, talk to ECS, maybe trim them, IDK, help would be appreciated if you've got it to give, I'll probably update this thread with what I end with doing.

PsorianoPre99A4
07-31-2016, 08:26 PM
Y'all are trippin'.

I did search.

They were productive to me.

& updated information is the way to go.

Dan, I once believed in you. and I still have hope, but dude... take these easy wipes for your dirty ass bro.

Tar, it was FMIC + SMIC, not 2 FMIC, now THAT, would be ridiculous ;)

everybody lets just cool it because that's the only way we're truly going to be able to help each other.

Now: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/383854-Green-Giants-into-AEB-fitting-issue This post said that they had to trim them. The green giants are smaller then the stock ones. I'm gonna figure this out, talk to ECS, maybe trim them, IDK, help would be appreciated if you've got it to give, I'll probably update this thread with what I end with doing.

This thread helps me as I'm about to install the same injectors on my 99 AEB. I'm hoping they're not shitting like someone said earlier.

MooseInATree
08-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Not trying to be a dick man but literally searched keyword: green giant aeb injectors on google and dozens of threads showed up.
vvv Such as this one vvv
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/383854-Green-Giants-into-AEB-fitting-issue

Not only that but if you go on ECS it shows your options for injectors along with engine codes that they're compatible with shown below:

http://i68.tinypic.com/binh4p.jpg

On a side note it really wouldn't hurt to search it via google or even different forums such as VWvortex, fourtitude, audi-sport, etc etc.
Besides that, why would you buy green giants when you can get siemans for a lesser price or ev14's as a kit with proper adapters and if you decide you have a need for more power you have more to play with for alternative fueling if you decide to do so.

Just my 2 cents but correct me if i'm wrong gentlemen, cheers.

Dan[FN]6262
08-02-2016, 01:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/52hwNxB.gif

b5a4erik
08-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Not trying to be a dick man but literally searched keyword: green giant aeb injectors on google and dozens of threads showed up.
vvv Such as this one vvv
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/383854-Green-Giants-into-AEB-fitting-issue

Not only that but if you go on ECS it shows your options for injectors along with engine codes that they're compatible with shown below:

http://i68.tinypic.com/binh4p.jpg

On a side note it really wouldn't hurt to search it via google or even different forums such as VWvortex, fourtitude, audi-sport, etc etc.
Besides that, why would you buy green giants when you can get siemans for a lesser price or ev14's as a kit with proper adapters and if you decide you have a need for more power you have more to play with for alternative fueling if you decide to do so.

Just my 2 cents but correct me if i'm wrong gentlemen, cheers.

Hey man,

So I needed a tune for my k04.

I decided on United Motorsports Stage 2. I chose this for it's simplicity: K04, Tune, Green Giants, VR6 MAF.

Now, I think I'm good to go once I order the GG and MAF,

So I google Green Giant injectors, there is an ECS link: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bosch-parts/440cc-fuel-injectors-set-of-four/0280155968~4cyl/ , I click it.

On that link, it doesn't specify engine codes, actually it only says: "A direct drop in fuel injector for the standard fuel rail. B6 A4 owners will require fuel injector spacers."

Me, ofcourse driving a b5, and seeing my car (generalized as B5 A4 1.8T FWD) under the "Fits These Cars" tab, think I'm in the clear.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Basically: I went through a loophole in ECS' system, since I googled it and didn't enter my vehicle specs through ECS proper, the "ATW & AWM" didn't show (as can be seen in the link above). So, I order them, and low and behold they don't fit as a drop in injector for AEB.

I contacted ECS, they worked with me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ~

I've got injector adapter/spacers on the way, will post back if they do/don't work.

[:o]

GOODBYNAAIR
08-03-2016, 07:31 AM
You should have went with bosch ev14 550cc fuel injectors its a much better injector. the 440 work fine they are just old tech. my $.02

b5a4erik
08-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Word.

Tune called for GG's otherwise chances are I would've.

kenncmiller
12-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Any word on how this turned out? I am having a hard time finding anyone actually running any of the UM aeb tunes

PsorianoPre99A4
12-08-2016, 11:52 PM
I'm running the UM stage 3 tune ^

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine mobile app

b5a4erik
12-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Any word on how this turned out? I am having a hard time finding anyone actually running any of the UM aeb tunes

So far, not so good actually.

I had to get adapters for the GG injectors, kinda ghetto rigged the vr6 3" MAF body to connect to my stock TIP/airbox, and pretty much ever since my cars been over-boosting and also spooling up way too quickly... accompanied by a "squeal" sound while boosting, like blowing a blade of grass between your thumbs... followed by cut gas and engine stuttering. It's no bueno to go WOT.

I haven't figured out if it's a bad N75 valve, if I rebuilt my k04 poorly, some sort of boost leak, a mis-sized TIP, the fact that I'm running a FMIC... idk.

I bet it has potential though.

Now that we're on the topic, if anyone has some advice it'd be greatly appreciated...

Psoriano, how's your tune?

PsorianoPre99A4
12-11-2016, 10:13 PM
If you're over boosting, try running a mbc and n75 parallel. Jeff from UM suggested I did because I was overboosting as well.

Tune is great! Other than I have a slight cold start issue that I'm just chasing. Just got a new fpr coming in,hopefully that solves it. Also have a high vacuum sometimes mainly only cold starts.
Boost hard and drives good though. Just took her through a blizzard in Seattle tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine mobile app

b5a4erik
12-13-2016, 02:02 PM
I am running a MBC in parallel :/ fixed the spikes but I still overboost before I hit the 21psi it should be @... I think I have a boost leak. My turbo spools and my gauge reads the pressure, but my car is hardly "boosting"... as in I can barely feel the turbo, I mostly just hear it squealing as if air is blowing by somewhere.

Happy to hear your tune is good though! Good luck to your minor fixables.

PsorianoPre99A4
12-14-2016, 06:08 PM
I had a boost leak right off my turbo! Lol my tip came off because apparently I didn't clamp it down.

What turbo are you using? Maybe it's going out? Have a video?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87676)

b5a4erik
12-14-2016, 06:19 PM
Rebuilt Godspeed K04

I have a video, will post sometime soon.

PsorianoPre99A4
12-16-2016, 09:15 AM
Rebuilt Godspeed K04

I have a video, will post sometime soon.

Yeah, I'm curious to see a video to see what you mean.

b5a4erik
12-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I'm curious to see a video to see what you mean.

https://youtu.be/ypmQnN6krmU

You can see I spool quick, but don't really ever go much faster.

Believer
12-18-2016, 09:56 AM
https://youtu.be/ypmQnN6krmU

You can see I spool quick, but don't really ever go much faster.
Need to see ignition timing, MAF values, knock correction values during a wot pull. If you hit the boost your tune is requesting something else is going on. You also keep saying you're overboosting. If you don't overshoot the peak boost request you aren't overboosting. The k03 spools very fast so you expect to hit peak boost very fast.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

b5a4erik
12-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Will have to get VAGCOM...

I might not have in the video, but I forsure overboost... Tune said 21, I go to like 26+ till the boost gauge line blows off and idk anymore.

Also, its a k04.

Finally for now, when I am spooling & spooling more&more in the video, my throttle position remains only ~20% open consistently throughout... While the turbo continues to increase pressure... never WOT.

Thanks for the reply, man.

Believer
12-18-2016, 10:38 AM
Will have to get VAGCOM...

I might not have in the video, but I forsure overboost... Tune said 21, I go to like 26+ till the boost gauge line blows off and idk anymore.

Also, its a k04.

Finally for now, when I am spooling & spooling more&more in the video, my throttle position remains only ~20% open consistently throughout... While the turbo continues to increase pressure... never WOT.

Thanks for the reply, man.

Ok I didn't realize you were still overshooting. The MBC in parallel didn't resolve the spikes?

Have you bypassed the n75 to solely run off wastegate pressure to ensure its cracking correctly?

My bad on the k03. The K04 will still spool fast though.

Vagcom is really necessary to troubleshoot some of these complex issues. Gotta see what your outputs are saying so you can make an assessment based on data.

b5a4erik
12-18-2016, 11:00 AM
Well, the MBC partially helped the spikes... Improved it but the problem seems to find a way around the MBC's efforts.

To bypass the N75, disconnect the line from it to the wastegate actuator?

Word to the k03/4 fast spool.

Will the most basic version of Vagcom be sufficient?

Believer
12-18-2016, 11:21 AM
You loop the boost reference from the turbo directly to the wastegate actuator. Hopefully someone else chimes in. I'm not sure If the n75 gets unplugged or not. If the wastegate and actuator are working properly your boost will be held fairly low.

I think an eBay cable will work. I use a friend's real cable so I don't have much info on that.