PDA

View Full Version : Replaced the fuel pump, car still won't start.

Davdraco1
07-09-2016, 02:43 PM
I was having issues getting it started for a couple weeks but if you cranked it a couple times it would start and run fine. One day it wouldn't start so I thought it was fuel pump, replaced it just now and it still won't start. I'm going to check all coils, injectors to make sure they are connected. Any ideas?

Turbo_B5
07-09-2016, 02:44 PM
I was having issues getting it started for a couple weeks but if you cranked it a couple times it would start and run fine. One day it wouldn't start so I thought it was fuel pump, replaced it just now and it still won't start. I'm going to check all coils, injectors to make sure they are connected. Any ideas?

Did you check compression?

Dan[FN]6262
07-09-2016, 02:45 PM
might be your engine speed sensor.

GrapeBandit
07-09-2016, 02:45 PM
crank position sensor?

Seerlah
07-09-2016, 03:15 PM
Engine speed and crank position are the same sensor. Check these three:

Spark (take out coil, have plug in it, ground it to valve cover, and crank engine to see if you have spark. Or...spend money on a tester)

Fuel (you need to confirm fuel pressure. take rail off IM, put something underneath all injectors to catch fuel, and crank engine. you want to see if they spray.)

Compression (should not need explanation)

Start with testing for spark. If you get none, it makes dagnosing much easier. But first...check all your fuses.

Davdraco1
07-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Thanks for all the tips and quick resolves but she started after cranking it on and off for 10 mins. Someone forgot to prime it, whoops.