PDA

View Full Version : Car cutting out when coolant temp on 90

Guvnar1
06-29-2016, 02:51 AM
Hi, Can anyone please help

I have a Audi A4 B5 1.6. My car recently has started to cut out when I come to any traffic lights or roundabouts. The car is fine for the first 10 minutes of driving but when the engine coolant reaches towards the 80-90 the revs drop severely as if the car is about to cut out and on most occasions it does cut out. The emissions coming out of the exhaust of the car seem to be very heavily mixed with petrol and oil and my MPG is ridiculous at the moment which is costing me to fill up on a more regular basis.

I have had the Engine coolant temp sensor changed as well as having the coolant flushed and replaced.
Throttle body was taken completely off and cleaned thoroughly as suggested on these forum.
All vacuum pipes have been checked and all upper breather pipes have been checked also for leaks and all are fine.

The car still has the same problem with cutting out and the revs not idling due to wanting to cut out the engine as if it was starved from fuel

Can anyone shine any light on this problem?

Regards

Guv

Guvnar1
07-01-2016, 02:37 AM
Anyone have a possible solution?

SN95Audi87
07-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Post up for check engine light codes.

Dan[FN]6262
07-01-2016, 12:55 PM
I am not very familiar with your 1.6L engine. Does it have a Idle Air Control Valve? If it does, that may be your issue.

If it does have a IACV let the engine warm up to 90C, or whenever it starts carrying on, and unplug the IACV. If it stops carrying on and idles normally, that is your issue.