PDA

View Full Version : Two new tail lights installed and still an issue

Shanealan
05-12-2016, 03:01 PM
As I quoted, I installed two new LED tail lights on my car and I still get the dash lights barking at me after the install. Does my car have to go through a driving cycle before the dash lights go out.
I was wish full thinking the dash lights would have deleted asap after the install?
[confused]

cal3thousand
05-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Are the lights working as expected? Is this a modification or just a replacement with OEM LEDs? What car (Year/options) do you have?

Shanealan
05-12-2016, 06:22 PM
Are the lights working as expected? Is this a modification or just a replacement with OEM LEDs? What car (Year/options) do you have?

Yes lights are working and are OEM LEDs. My car passed inspection yesterday, but i still have that nagging flashing in the dash of the tail lights.

SinCityA6
05-13-2016, 07:11 AM
As @Cal3thousand asked, what year of car? If it is an older model of A6, the original tail lights may not have been LED. Switching to LED lights (that have less resistance) will cause the car to think there is a "bulb out" and throw a warning. So, please start by telling us the year of the car and along with it, do you have or have access to VAGCOM? By providing this information, we are better suited to assist.

Shanealan
05-15-2016, 01:04 PM
My car is a 2005, and the old tail lights were LEDs. I don't have access to a Vag-com.

leggydan
05-16-2016, 10:21 AM
My car is a 2005, and the old tail lights were LEDs. I don't have access to a Vag-com.

Unless the new light units are identical to the old ones, you probably need to re-code them through vcds. I went from a set of highline lights that had only the brake lights led to full led aftermarket units and I had to re-code them.