PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak problem, large pool of oil under intake manifold in 2008 Audi A6 3.2

sbhavsar6
05-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Hi all ... My car has a major oil leak issue. I found a large pool of oil when removing the intake manifold. I'm have troubling locating the source of the issue. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Any words of advice/guidance would be appreciated.

My initial thoughts are the following: could the leak be coming from the oil filter housing gasket? Or possibly the oil separator valve?

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

SinCityA6
05-07-2016, 08:26 PM
The oil filter housing is made of plastic and has been known to crack due to the continuous heat/cool cycles. I would hazard a guess that it may be the culprit. Inspect the gasket, base and housing thoroughly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treyc6
05-09-2016, 06:43 PM
My 4.2 did the exact same thing. it was the gaskets between the oil filter housing and the block

FL C6 Avant
05-10-2016, 03:52 AM
The oil filter housing is made of plastic and has been known to crack due to the continuous heat/cool cycles. I would hazard a guess that it may be the culprit. Inspect the gasket, base and housing thoroughly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this brings up an excellent point---while ECS and another outfit have aftermarket billet caps, has anyone found an aluminum housing (part that mates to the block with the o-ring style gasket)?
that would solve this permanently.

Sales@DriveAuto
05-13-2016, 11:02 AM
Yep, most likely the oil filter housing (or gasket). Common problem on the C6's.