PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern People! Autocross Event Nov. 13!

pierce
11-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Well, I've been looking into tracking my car, but it loosk relatively expensive. I was wondering if any of you local ATLiens would be interested in an autocross day. I don't know of any good locations, but I thought we could start brainstorming.

Anybody is welcome, especially you neighboring NC and SCers. All ideas and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I did some searching and found an event we could go to if we organized this quickly. There is an Atlanta Region SCCA event at Gwinnett Fairgrounds SUNDAY NOVEMBER 13. The entry fee is $35.00 and they have novice courses available. Let me know if you guys want to get a group together and maybe make this a "meet". I think this'd be an awesome opportunity to hang out and have some fun.

ScottyB 1.8T
11-07-2005, 07:30 AM
argh! i have to be in PA on the 13th. thanks for the heads up though, i'm planning on hitting up quite a few auto-x's next year!

EVIL-AUDI
11-07-2005, 08:07 AM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70465

One thread will do it.

alen
11-07-2005, 08:40 AM
i live three minutes from the fairgrounds and sometimes go and look at autox events they have. there are several organizations like scca, peachtree bmw? and porsche club. they have their respective websites and if you become a member and pay a nominal fee i think each event is either free or 10 bucks.

i definitely want autox my car but not anytime soon due to some engine problems and lack of funds but i expect to show up there and spectate.

pierce
11-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Scotty, yea, I'm hoping to do these more often. So, we'll get some sort of regular schedule going on if it gets popular. I have a few buddies that are going to come with me from my school (BMW 330i "M Package", CLK 430 Cabriolet, and maybe another BMW 330ci).

Evil, I realize that. Most people don't check the Southeast. It's not like there are myriads of discussions in the B5 forum that are worth the space, anyways.