PDA

View Full Version : Tilt steering wheel

Chaldo
04-28-2016, 07:26 PM
Hey everyone, I had a issue this morning with my car randomly not starting. It is a 2010 A6 3.0T. I had the battery replaced and it now works perfectly! I am having a little problem now, when I bought the car a few months back the telescopic worked perfect but the tilt up and down seemed locked and wouldn't work.... I messed around with it and done deal it started working till the stupid car died this morning. The telescopic works perfectly right now but it will not tilt down or up and is stuck in the high position.! Someone please tell me if it's a lock or there is some kind of trick that I did last time.

cal3thousand
04-28-2016, 07:35 PM
Same thing happened to my car when I took off the battery. Unfortunately, you need Vagcom to reset it. I'm not even sure how;I poked around in there for a bit last weekend, but haven't got around to it again

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Chaldo
04-28-2016, 07:37 PM
Same thing happened to my car when I took off the battery. Unfortunately, you need Vagcom to reset it. I'm not even sure how;I poked around in there for a bit last weekend, but haven't got around to it again

So the Vagcom will reset the issue and it will work again? Or is it a motor problem?

cal3thousand
04-28-2016, 08:34 PM
So the Vagcom will reset the issue and it will work again? Or is it a motor problem?
Mine is likely a vagcom issue. Not sure about yours. but if it was caused by a power interruption, it's likely

SinCityA6
04-28-2016, 08:41 PM
When replacing the battery after a low voltage issue, you need to program the ECU with the new battery. VAGCOM is necessary to do it. Once you scan the car, you will have a ton of fault codes due to the failing battery. Clear the codes, program the new battery and I bet your issue will clear up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaldo
04-29-2016, 04:42 AM
When replacing the battery after a low voltage issue, you need to program the ECU with the new battery. VAGCOM is necessary to do it. Once you scan the car, you will have a ton of fault codes due to the failing battery. Clear the codes, program the new battery and I bet your issue will clear up.

Where can I get a vagcom my friend? It looks like I would need it for everything I do

ichi d
04-29-2016, 05:45 AM
Where can I get a vagcom my friend? It looks like I would need it for everything I do

Try google or your local ads section.

SinCityA6
04-29-2016, 05:54 AM
Ross-tech makes VAGCOM. Stay away from the eBay ODBII scanners.

Dutch_A6
04-29-2016, 06:10 AM
The tilt might be caused by a bad relay switch, mine was stuck high and wouldn't change vertically but would go in and out, I bought a used switch and that fixed the problem.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk