PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change PSA mobil 1 rebate

skylinrcr01
04-20-2016, 02:10 PM
Hey guys, it's that time of year again for the mobil 1 rebate. Makes the oil change come down to about $30 with 10 quarts of oil and a filter. I think it's $12 off of a 5qt jug of mobil 1, up to 10 qts. So if you go to wally world it's around $23 bucks a jug, and the rebate brings it down to 11. So $11+$11+ ~$10 for the filter. In my experience it's a lot easier if you buy the jugs in separate transactions and don't forget to circle the oil on the receipt. I've done this 3 times now, twice for my car, and once for my mom's E350 over the past couple years.

https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/up-to-15-dollars-off-with-mobil-1-and-mobil-super

cal3thousand
04-20-2016, 02:41 PM
That's a good price. I picked up a jug for my other car.

I keep getting the Castrol from Amazon 0w-40 Euro for $23 a jug. I buy them 3 at a time since my baby leaks a little at the moment

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

FL C6 Avant
04-20-2016, 04:35 PM
sounds good, but the T's and C's look like they are specifically EXcluding Wally's and Sams club......
the 5 jugs of either 0w-40 (M1 or German Castrol) are both under $23 as they sit on the shelf at the local wally's right now.

skylinrcr01
04-20-2016, 07:56 PM
Huh, worked last couple times from wally world. Hope I don't get declined this time. :/

rdauer26
04-22-2016, 05:32 AM
Have a Menards by me. Going to swoop 2 jugs there. Thanks for the post [wrench]

FL C6 Avant
04-22-2016, 06:20 AM
Huh, worked last couple times from wally world. Hope I don't get declined this time. :/

yeah, let us know--I'll pick up some more if it's a good rebate.....

SlickMachine
04-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Hey guys, it's that time of year again for the mobil 1 rebate. Makes the oil change come down to about $30 with 10 quarts of oil and a filter. I think it's $12 off of a 5qt jug of mobil 1, up to 10 qts. So if you go to wally world it's around $23 bucks a jug, and the rebate brings it down to 11. So $11+$11+ ~$10 for the filter. In my experience it's a lot easier if you buy the jugs in separate transactions and don't forget to circle the oil on the receipt. I've done this 3 times now, twice for my car, and once for my mom's E350 over the past couple years.

https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/up-to-15-dollars-off-with-mobil-1-and-mobil-super
I'm not seeing Wal-Mart in the list of retailers at the bottom of the promo.... Does it definitely work purchasing from Wally?

Edit: oops nevermind. I see it says ..'these are some participating retailers.'
Awesome deal, I'm on it tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

FL C6 Avant
04-28-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm not seeing Wal-Mart in the list of retailers at the bottom of the promo.... Does it definitely work purchasing from Wally?

Edit: oops nevermind. I see it says ..'these are some participating retailers.'
Awesome deal, I'm on it tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
so, I'm not yet convinced either way. I did buy a Wally 5 qt jug last Saturday and submitted the rebate....
today I got an email saying:
We are processing your request. If there are no problems (say what?) allow 6 to 8 weeks for your rebate check.

so, given the promo ends 31 May, it is entirely possible that I won't know for sure until after the rebate is over....
btw, if it does work, it says you can do two rebates.

FL C6 Avant
06-28-2016, 06:19 PM
so, I'm not yet convinced either way. I did buy a Wally 5 qt jug last Saturday and submitted the rebate....
today I got an email saying:
We are processing your request. If there are no problems (say what?) allow 6 to 8 weeks for your rebate check.

so, given the promo ends 31 May, it is entirely possible that I won't know for sure until after the rebate is over....
btw, if it does work, it says you can do two rebates.

Received rebate check on 27 June. So it took the full 8 weeks plus. and they did accept the wally world receipt for future reference. just couldn't do two of them in time....

skylinrcr01
06-28-2016, 09:55 PM
Received rebate check on 27 June. So it took the full 8 weeks plus. and they did accept the wally world receipt for future reference. just couldn't do two of them in time....

I got mine yesterday as well, completely forgot about it. :) This is like a biannual thing, so keep a lookout lol.

skylinrcr01
08-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Heads up, this is happening again. https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/up-to-15-dollars-off-with-mobil-1-and-mobil-super