PDA

View Full Version : installed Forge DV today now problem...

Quattrocket
11-03-2005, 12:42 AM
ok, so I installed my forge DV today and everything seemed fine. kinda hope that was the source of my boost probs but wasnt. So im driving to work this afternoon, stopped for coffee and engine started idling rough and CEL came on. Ive had the ICM go already and this was different. so I head out to work again and I hear PSHHH!!!! by DV blew right off. was it backwards??? I dunno. anybody know my problem???

sumpsfast
11-03-2005, 12:48 AM
I have been experiencing some issues lately as well, after the install of the forge. I AM NOT at all saying the Forge is a bad product, just awkward timing I guess.

I repaired the two main vac lines last night, and had some issues with my N75 being installed incorrectly. Finally got it all fixed.

I will say that with the Forge, it does not matter which way it is oriented. Jeff Moss at Torque-Factory pressure tested it both ways and proved that its performance is independent of the installiation direction of the Forge DV.

Also, after repairing the vac lines and installing the N75J correctly, I had to do a throttle body adaptation. In addition, I switched the Forge back to stock orientation (just for peace of mind).

I dont know how your DV "came off"
but it might have just been a bad clamp or loose fitting into the hoses. Have you taken a look?

Quattrocket
11-03-2005, 01:03 AM
yeah i took a look right after it came off and it blew off with the clamp. i dunno how it happened. do you think this is the source of my CEL???

k0mpresd
11-03-2005, 06:42 AM
if it blew out out of the hose it will cause a boost leak and that by itself will throw a cel

sounds like you just didnt have it clamped good enough

rowdysaudi1
11-03-2005, 06:54 AM
Yeah, get the screw clamps...they're easier to get on and off, and they hold well. When I did my install, the little vac hose at the top is held on by a screw clamp with a zip tie on there for backup

sumpsfast
11-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Screw clamps are great, and just clear the code after you reset the clamps and you should be fine.

Quattrocket
11-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by sumpsfast
Screw clamps are great, and just clear the code after you reset the clamps and you should be fine.
i dont have a VAG right now, but my friend is supposed to bring one to work tonight. I disconnected the battery over-night, shouldnt that clear the code as well???

k0mpresd
11-03-2005, 01:42 PM
yes, disconnecting the battery for any period of time will reset the ecu

Quattrocket
11-03-2005, 01:50 PM
So that means whatever my problem is, is still wrong and tripping it everytime I start the car up... great.

k0mpresd
11-03-2005, 01:55 PM
you need to get the codes pulled

sumpsfast
11-03-2005, 05:39 PM
If the code re-appears after ---so many--- miles then you still have an issue. If you didnt have any issues before the DV slipped, then you should be fine. Keep in mind that after disconnecting my battery after N75 trouble last night, I had to do a throttle body adaptation. If you knot know how, it's easy. After the battey terminals are re-connected turn the key to the "on" position, but do not start the car. Let the TB do its thing for about 30 seconds (you should hear it making funny noises from inside). You should be good to go at that point.

Quattrocket
11-04-2005, 12:36 AM
ok, i though the throttle body adaptation was only for DBW cars??? I am a 99.5

mike-2ptzero
11-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Quattrocket
ok, i though the throttle body adaptation was only for DBW cars??? I am a 99.5

For all years. You can even do a throttle adapt with the Vag on a ndbw by using block 096 IIRC, if its not that one its right around there.

Quattrocket
11-04-2005, 01:52 AM
just to clarify, I got the CEL about 3 minutes BEFORE the hose blew off the DV. my friend forgot the vag-com today so Im going to the mech tomorrow.

GlacialBass
11-04-2005, 08:50 AM
You probably got the CEL before it blew off because there was already a large boost leak. There would almost have to be if the clamp was loose enough to blow the DV off.