PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Audi A4 1.8T

siimu
03-07-2016, 08:04 AM
Hello,

maybe someone know the solution to my problem. I have Audi A4 Avant Quattro (B5 model) with 1.8 Turbo engine (engine code is AJL, it means 132 kW).
After I was driving ~5-6 kilometres the engine shuts off. If i tried to restart the engine nothing happens. When I turn ignition on then fuel pump relay (no 372), fuel pump and throttle body starts to ticking (watch video below).

Here is vid about the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GOEebowmcs

I bought & installed new relay today but it doesn't help me. The first 5-6 times engine starts and after that not. New relay also ticking. Immo is OK, starter works well & the battery is strong (only 1 month old).
I tried to do diagnostics today but VAG.COM gives me answer "no response from engine / fuel system controller".

Does anybody have an idea what is the problem?

SN95Audi87
03-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Does your car come fitted with the original speed sensor? Mine went out last year, the car would crank and not turn over if it fell under 32*F. Also would a bad MAF sensor give you these issues since we know that the fuel pump, and spark system is good.

siimu
03-08-2016, 04:16 AM
I think yes.

I tried today to run car again. First time it worked fine but after 5-10 minutes of working the car engine shut off. The problem is same - when i turn ignition on, then relay starts clicking etc.

Also I did diagnostics with newer VAG.COM cable and it gave me 2 fault codes:
1) 00561 - Mixture Adaption
14-00 - Adaption Limit (Add) Exceeded
2) 16705 - Engine speed sensor (G28): Implausible signal
P0321 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I removed these fault codes and they didn't come back when car was working. When problem came back, then the VAG.COM gave me again message "no response from controller".

b5a4erik
03-08-2016, 07:07 AM
I think yes.

I tried today to run car again. First time it worked fine but after 5-10 minutes of working the car engine shut off. The problem is same - when i turn ignition on, then relay starts clicking etc.

Also I did diagnostics with newer VAG.COM cable and it gave me 2 fault codes:
1) 00561 - Mixture Adaption
14-00 - Adaption Limit (Add) Exceeded
2) 16705 - Engine speed sensor (G28): Implausible signal
P0321 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I removed these fault codes and they didn't come back when car was working. When problem came back, then the VAG.COM gave me again message "no response from controller".

I'm certainly no expert,

but seeing that SN95Audi87 mentioned an Engine Speed Sensor, then you got a code for it, I think it has something to do with that.

Sickws6
03-08-2016, 07:11 AM
starter solenoid

SN95Audi87
03-09-2016, 12:42 PM
I'm certainly no expert,

but seeing that SN95Audi87 mentioned an Engine Speed Sensor, then you got a code for it, I think it has something to do with that.

starter solenoid

I would love into both asap!

siimu
03-11-2016, 09:42 AM
I'm certainly no expert,

Nope. The speed sensor fault code was intermittent code and it didn't come back after deleting. It was caused because engine turned off while driving. I think that something is wrong with ECU. I don'nt know why but ECU gives wrong signal to the throttle body and fuel pump relay?

The car is in the workshop already. I really hope that they find solution. I'll let u know the results.

SN95Audi87
03-11-2016, 10:00 AM
Nope. The speed sensor fault code was intermittent code and it didn't come back after deleting. It was caused because engine turned off while driving. I think that something is wrong with ECU. I don'nt know why but ECU gives wrong signal to the throttle body and fuel pump relay?

The car is in the workshop already. I really hope that they find solution. I'll let u know the results.

Electrical components are different then hardware components. You may clear it but that doesn't mean the sensor could be bad. Before condemning the ECU, go to the electrical food chain. ECU problems are worst of them all.

siimu
03-31-2016, 04:57 AM
Problem is solved. Old ECU was faulty. I bought a new ECU from Sweden and now car works well. Thank You all for your help. Case is closed now.