PDA

View Full Version : Considering a TT 3.2 DSG quattro... but want more power [Turbo/SC]!

A4NCAR
10-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Other then HPA's FT360 (http://www.hpamotorsports.com/product_turbo_ft360.htm) Single Turbo kit, is there anything else out there for the TT 3.2, even a SC? Anyone know what the DSG/Clutch can handle also (I assume it's more then what HPA's FT400 puts out)?.

I haven't done extensive research for an engine upgrade (just those I'm familiar with), but I haven't come across much for the TT 3.2, as opposed to the R32 for example. I've talked with Streetwerke about their R32 Turbo Kit and they said they'll look at it for the TT 3.2 after the R32 kit is established. I also have concerns with the HPA FT360 in CA with 91 "knocktane" and no IC. I'm hoping Streetwerke will come through though, but what I don't want is like what the A4 B6 3.0l got... nothing, until just recently with PES's SC.

I'm sure the 250HP will be enjoyable, but I seriously want more power (especially after the experience with the A4 1.8t, or should I say lack there of [;)] ). But I'm not looking to go crazy (HPA TT 500HP+ crazy). 350-400HP will be sufficient. [:D] And personally, I just want to get away from the 1.8t [4-bangers] for once in my lifetime. [rolleyes] [;)] I also want to get back to a smaller, more sporty 2-door/hatchback. Never liked 4-door sedans. And the TT has been one of my favorite designed cars. It's beautiful. A bit smaller then I had originally wanted, but in hindsight, I should have bought one. I'd like to stick with Audi as well for the engineering, interior, quattro,.... but it's slim pickings for me with what I want. All their doing is 4-door sedans (A3, A4, A6,...) and that's not what I want. I also don't care for the styling/design much anymore - too luxury sedan for my tastes. If Audi/AoA was smart, they'd bring over the RS3, I'd get that in a heart-beat. [:D]

The TT 3.2 willl be "New" '05 (there's a few still out there), or a Certified Pre-owned, since Audi has decided not to have MY06 CA Emission versions available. Doesn't that seem odd? I'd suspect that SoCal is a big TT market. Audi told me nothing planned for '07 either. Just strange IMO.

A4NCAR
10-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Wow. I guess it's pretty quiet here on the TT Forum. [:(] Please don't make me go to AW. Anything but that. [=(] [;)]

AudiGuy666
10-27-2005, 03:27 PM
I think its a GREAT car . But I know what you mean about wanting more then the 250HP. I've been tryin to tell my mom to get one. She has always loved how it looks. I think she will fall in love with it if she drives it. That engine and the DSG together must be super nice.

[tt]

A4NCAR
10-27-2005, 05:11 PM
I've been putting off a test [drive] because I know once I do... I'll want it. [:D]

Hutash
10-30-2005, 05:13 PM
I have not driven the the 250hp, but with the extra weight of the 6 cylinders and the DSG trans I doubt it out performs the 225hp by much. The 1.8 is a very tuneable engine with a long track record, and can be tuned to the hp you want with out the quess work. It is still a heavy car for its size, but I love mine.

AudiGuy666
10-30-2005, 05:19 PM
The 3.2 DSG will outperform the 225 unless you can shift like a pro.

AchTTung
10-30-2005, 09:47 PM
I got to drive a 3.2 TT when mine was in for service once, and I was very impressed. All of my cars have been manuals, but if I were to give that up DSG would be the way I'd go.

european car did a feature in its November 2005 issue on a 3.2 TT with HPA's FT400 kit. The owner posted on AudiWorld here (http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/threads/400783.phtml), if you're interested.

FWIW, HPA claims the TT's DSG can handle 600 hp and 700 lb-ft of torque. Audi officially claims less than half that, at 350 Nm, or 258 lb-ft.

surfnturf
11-01-2005, 03:21 AM
The 3.2 is pretty sweet, but still really expensive, I haven't seen a nice one for under $30k. The 225TT roars for 1.8L, everytime I drive it I have to remind myself it is only 1791cc, 108 cubic inches, feels like about 250. The throttle response the 225 is excellent too, just as good as my A6 2.7T. It doesn't lag at all and gets on boost hard at low RPM. 75-100mph shots in 6th gear are pure joy. However, if you have the cash for the 3.2 and the HPA kit, do it! I read the article too, and the kit looked great and the car flat hauled ass.

Dolphin_Vic
11-18-2005, 06:33 PM
I do have a 3.2 DSG TT, I put it on Sears point and got 2:15:30 timing VS I put it on GT4 played around 2:10:30 which is pretty close to the numbers

the only thing about the DSG is can't shift as you wanted especially when you doing a corner exiting. when the car is underpower it will downshift itself which I do not really like it.
(I mean in S mode)
when you are in the fully manual mode. it's kind of slow when you are using the "paddle shift" in stead of the "stick shift box".
It sounds wired but that's what I feel.

Nuvolari
12-12-2005, 10:21 PM
A4NCAR,
I found this VF Engineering SC kit on GIAC's site:
http://www.giacusa.com/giac_projects.php?pid=11
It is for the R32, but maybe it fits the TT?