PDA

View Full Version : 3.2 Quattro, Alignment Comp Reset Question

Tommyjoel05
02-17-2016, 01:13 PM
Hey guys,

I'm back with another question regarding an alignment service I need for my 2005, 3.2 Quattro.

I really prefer to have this service done at Lexus, mainly because I've taken previous cars there for years and really trust my service advisor but also because they offer me a discount on services for my loyalty. Well, I dropped off the car this afternoon to have an alignment performed and soon after my advisor called to say my Audi may need its computer to be reset after the alignment and they don't have the programmer to flash. They weren't sure if my my model/year required that be done, so they're asking me for the go-ahead or to take it to Audi for the service. Can anyone make a suggestion on this? Thanks again.

SinCityA6
02-17-2016, 01:15 PM
I have NEVER heard of having to have the computer reset after an alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommyjoel05
02-17-2016, 01:28 PM
I think the service tech was taking extra caution, as he mentioned that some newer Audi's with better, newer tech needed ECU reset because of lane assist sensors or something. I decided to come here and as myself before returning for the service. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it

I have NEVER heard of having to have the computer reset after an alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c@@kieMonsta
02-17-2016, 01:52 PM
I think the service tech was taking extra caution, as he mentioned that some newer Audi's with better, newer tech needed ECU reset because of lane assist sensors or something. I decided to come here and as myself before returning for the service. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it

I'm trying to figure out how a lane assist sensor would need resetting etc, in regards to the position of the wheels? My basic understanding is that they sense the position of the vehicle vs surrounding obstacles and the lanes that they drive in, not how many millimeters the camber or the toe is set to lol.

Tommyjoel05
02-17-2016, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I wasn't exactly sure how it would have any affect either.

Saifxnyc
02-17-2016, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I wasn't exactly sure how it would have any affect either.

They never flash anything on my 07 A6 3.2 I specifically take it to the dealer for alignment they have the best tools. But as long as they can do a normal four wheel alignment for you with a computer software telling them the proper specified degrees the toe and camber should be adjusted to you are fine!