PDA

View Full Version : Apartments in Salt Lake City ?

Korrect414
10-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Im going to be attending the University of Utah in January, and need some info on living arrangements there.

Any reccomendations are appreciated. I've only been to Slc a couple of times and need to find a place to live that is relatively close to campus.

Tia

derek2079
10-25-2005, 01:03 PM
ahhhh check out craigslist, ill be attending there soon aswell

i know cbass goes there aswell and lives downtown maybe he will chime in soon

Korrect414
10-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by derek2079
ahhhh check out craigslist, ill be attending there soon aswell

i know cbass goes there aswell and lives downtown maybe he will chime in soon

Thanks Derek, Ill check it out

cbass
10-27-2005, 08:24 AM
hmmm, are you looking to rent or buy? If you're looking at renting, rentalfinders.biz is fairly good, otherwise I would just say check out some of the local newspapers classifieds sections (deseretnews.com and sltrib.com) Trying to find an apartment is really hit or miss, I've found that the best thing to do is just go look at a whole bunch of them and just drive around looking for signs too. It'll be a little harder to find a place in January because there's not as many people that leave between fall and spring semester, so you might want to get into something for like 6 months, and then search out something new next summer cause there will be more options. Good luck with it, you'll love it here!

Korrect414
10-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks Cbass, Im loking at just renting for now. Im flying up on the 9th to look at apartments and attending orientation. Ill probably just drive around looking for signs.

cbass
10-27-2005, 06:33 PM
I think that sounds like a good plan. School ends about that time, so if any apartments are going to be for rent, that's the time that they'll be available. It might be a good idea to ask the person that's doing your orientation also, they usually know of some good places besides the dorms. There's no shortage of apartments, but it does take some time to find the right one, that's for sure. Are you planning on getting your own place, or do you know some people that you want to live with?

Silvant
10-28-2005, 11:20 AM
santa fe apts in sandy is pretty dope.... cheap like
all housing in utah.. about 10mins from campus on the 215.
i remember lots of cute girls, younger crowd living there.. they have 2pools, 2 tennis courts, a gym and indoor raquet ball courts.
nice area. good luck.

Korrect414
10-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Silvant
santa fe apts in sandy is pretty dope.... cheap like
all housing in utah.. about 10mins from campus on the 215.
i remember lots of cute girls, younger crowd living there.. they have 2pools, 2 tennis courts, a gym and indoor raquet ball courts.
nice area. good luck.

Thanks Silvant, sounds like a done deal.

Btw: Where should i buy a season pass ?

Korrect414
10-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by cbass
I think that sounds like a good plan. School ends about that time, so if any apartments are going to be for rent, that's the time that they'll be available. It might be a good idea to ask the person that's doing your orientation also, they usually know of some good places besides the dorms. There's no shortage of apartments, but it does take some time to find the right one, that's for sure. Are you planning on getting your own place, or do you know some people that you want to live with?

Thanks for the info Cbass, Im planning on getting my own place for now until my buddies house is finished.

cbass
10-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Korrect414
Thanks Silvant, sounds like a done deal.

Btw: Where should i buy a season pass ?

Board or boards (skis)?

Korrect414
10-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Snowboard

cbass
10-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Korrect414
Snowboard

My .02 would be Snowbird or Brighton then in that case. I just love the Cottonwood canyon resorts. And I would say Alta or Solitude if you were a skier. Hopefully it'll be a good year!!