PDA

View Full Version : Off to Volxgerman...........

AudiBoy808
10-25-2005, 01:42 AM
Well my car is off to the shop tomorrow gots to fix a cut wire. Has anyone else had this happen to them. Couple of weeks ago I was leaving my moms house I just started to go when I heard this loud noise but thought nothing of it. Then I smelt something burning, when I got home. So I pop the hood and that's when I seen it. The bunch of wires that are held off to the side of the fan shroud had come lose the clip that holds it came off and I guess the fan caught it and totally shredded the thing. I tested all my cars functions and everything seemed to be working so I thought no biggy it obviously wasn't for something important. Wrong I started to walk away to go upstairs and I push my alarm on the remote and bingo that's what those wires are. It was for my horn. So my car is off to the shop to have it repaired I'm going to see if I can get this covered under my extended warranty. Since it wasn't my fault that the darn clip came loose. Plus it's time for my 50k servicing.

808a41.8t
10-25-2005, 01:47 AM
kurt. can you give me a call when you get this? hopefully its by tommorow or tonight. thanks man

AudiBoy808
10-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Well got my car back today horn now works but come to find out I have lots more repairs to do. They had to order me a hood sensor and they told me that I have to change all 3 of my motor mounts, plus replace a right axle seal and replace a belt. All this totals to about $1300 damn I'm feeling poor right now. Can anybody tell me if I can use snub mounts to replace the mounts I need changed. If I'm lucky all this will be covered under my extended warranty. I'm crossing my fingers.

HIstateS8
10-25-2005, 10:41 PM
yo, kurt...motor mounts and snub mounts are 2 different parts.
Besides, I'm in the same boat as you. I gotta change out my motormounts and my front CVboots...oh yeah, and my brakes soon.

AudiBoy808
10-26-2005, 01:11 AM
Sup Brandon, Oh ok thanks oh well I guess I have to hope it's covered under my extended warranty. Hey when you have some time can you help me with my fog light switch mod.

Thanks,

boostinmr2
10-26-2005, 02:06 AM
If you haven't changed out your cv boots by the time you hit 70k miles, you might as well change them cuz they will rip. I have had TWO cv boots rip thus far and it was messy, very messy.

808a41.8t
10-26-2005, 01:20 PM
sorry yo hear about that kurt. im having homas look at my car on monday. hopefully there wont be too many things wrong with the car. oh and i got my recon so no need swap tires.

HIstateS8
10-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by AudiBoy808
Sup Brandon, Oh ok thanks oh well I guess I have to hope it's covered under my extended warranty. Hey when you have some time can you help me with my fog light switch mod.

Thanks,

sure[up]

AudiBoy808
11-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Well off to VolxGerman again to finish what they started on my last visit.