PDA

View Full Version : Any s4s for sale in HI

lowproa4
10-22-2005, 03:34 AM
Getting rid of my b5 A4 fwd and thinking s4 or maybee TT quat. Any body know of one for sale here. Thinking of importing one but would rather look local first. Manual is a must thanks.

Raudi
10-22-2005, 05:12 PM
I'll sell you mines for 32K. Full stage 3 turbo upgrade, brakes, suspension etc...lots of stuff. 40K miles makes about 475-500hp on race gas and ran a best of 12.38@114mph.

Here's an estimated dyno of the car that was done about 6 months ago. The car makes a little more now.

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/5708/dyno9in.jpg

HIstateS8
10-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by lowproa4
Getting rid of my b5 A4 fwd and thinking s4 or maybee TT quat. Any body know of one for sale here. Thinking of importing one but would rather look local first. Manual is a must thanks.

Not to discourage you, but I hope you done your research on the car. Because you are headed for a lot of problems down the line. To truly own this car takes a lot of commitment. Just IMHO...good luck on your search.

P.S. If you do get the S4 and run into problems we'd be more than glad to help you out.[up] Gotta take care the Audi fam.

Gino - Your is making close to 500bhp? Holly cow...see that's what I'm aiming for.

lowproa4
10-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Damn 500 hp!! What does it run on street tune? That is sick but I think I'm looking for a more stock example thanks.

I know s4s are problomatic but I'll probaly change to ko4's shortly after getting the car. That is if I can find the right one. Idealy I want a certified one. My buddy just bought a Nagaro (sp?) one for 18.5 cpo with 45k miles in NJ. Shortly after he blew a turbo and they replaced them both with k04s under warranty plus a few $$ for price diff.

HIstateS8
10-22-2005, 11:50 PM
Well, ya just gotta keep looking in all the classifieds daily. That's how I found my car for sell. I consider myself fortunate. Here in Hawaii, a CPO 00-02 S4 will probably harder to get than one being sold by a private seller or outside dealership.

Just a warning though from first hand experience. If you should happen to purchase a car from European Auto Center. Take the car to Volx German or Thomas @ TAI VW/Audi for inspection before and after purchase. Just looking out for a fellow Audi Enthusiast.

lowproa4
10-23-2005, 03:54 AM
I've heard things about those guys...

boostinmr2
10-23-2005, 05:44 PM
I don't think CPO really matters for people buying S4s, afterall, who keeps their S4 stock? If you chip it and the turbos blow, the dealer will know you've chipped it. Even if you have a chip that is undetectable, they CAN TELL you have had your ECU unplugged.

boostinmr2
10-23-2005, 05:46 PM
On a separate note Gino-

My patience ran out for some custom ICs in California so I'm just getting AWEs; going in this week. I'm heading off to SEMA first week of November, coming back right after. Wanna go for some runs?

Raudi
10-24-2005, 10:19 PM
sure, let me know

immortal_zeus
11-03-2005, 01:12 PM
I'd be willing to sell mine for the right price and the right buyer (can't let just any old Tom, Dick, or Harry own an S4 [:D] ).

It's a 6 speed with 24k.

APR chip
LaBree downpipes
Neuspeed exhaust
Neuspeed short shifter
Kamei badgeless grill (I still have the stock one also)

Changed all 4 tires in May or June so they have maybe 2000 miles on them. Bridgestone Potenza S-03 tires.

Everything else is stock. Because of the condo I live in, I can't change the suspension.

I'll be out of town next week, but if you're interested, send me an email to immortal_zeus @ yahoo . com.

Chard
11-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by boostinmr2
I don't think CPO really matters for people buying S4s, afterall, who keeps their S4 stock? If you chip it and the turbos blow, the dealer will know you've chipped it. Even if you have a chip that is undetectable, they CAN TELL you have had your ECU unplugged.

I don't think they can tell. If you unplug your ECU and VAG the car, it'll show a voltage loss. The same code would appear if you unplugged your battery. Just say that you changed your battery or get your own VAG and clear the codes before bringing the car in.

boostinmr2
11-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Chard
I don't think they can tell. If you unplug your ECU and VAG the car, it'll show a voltage loss. The same code would appear if you unplugged your battery. Just say that you changed your battery or get your own VAG and clear the codes before bringing the car in.

Say if you have a chip, you're likely to not only have a chip o na S4. The majority of people that get a chip will want more speed in...oh...lets say.... 6 months or less. Slap on downpipes and catback and the dealer will still say you voided warranty. They tried to tell me my friggen MAF was not warrantiable when I didn't even touch my airbox. I told them that shit is stock and they're like..."oh ... i guess so.... ok then..." point is, Audi tries to get out of it however they can on warranty issues. I guess the point is that if people aren't prepared to foot the bill for a repair bill on the S4, they really shouldn't buy the car cuz the B5 isn't all that satisfying stock.

HIstateS8
11-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by boostinmr2
the B5 isn't all that satisfying stock.

My car is stock with only a drop and I concur.[up]

Raudi
11-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Actually the local dealer here is pretty mod friendly. Hell They've done about 3 APR stage 3 installs as far as I know. Either way, B5 S4 owners should know what they're getting into before buying this money pit.