PDA

View Full Version : HID Headlight Shivering Problems

audimanstan
01-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Hey guys! I have two problems!

Problem 1
Ive noticed my headlights shiver while driving (kinda like when you see oncoming trucks lights shake). It seems like the shivering has increased over time. I took off my headlight yesterday to see what the cause is. I didnt find anything loose or out of place. The only thing that could and probably is causing the shivering/shaking is the Adaptive System, it wiggles just a little on the rails in both headlights. Is that normal? or are the supposed to be stiff?? The car is lowered on St Coils, could the stiffness of that affect the headlights?

Problem 2
While I had the healights out I decided to add a load resistor and replace the DRL bulb to LED, while the LED bulb did not flicker and had a consistent light outburst the problem is when the headlights turn on and the DRL are off they flash every 45 second or so! I thought the load resistor is supposed to fix that? What can I do that to stop it? I really like the look of the DRL with LED bulbs.

corrado-correr
01-12-2016, 09:03 AM
I've noticed a bit of shivering on only my passenger side projector. If I wiggle the projector its noticeably more "loose" in the AFS brackets than the drivers side. I've not had the time to fully investigate further.

Regarding problem 2, I had a similar issue (load resistors + blubs from superbrightleds.com), tried different LED bulbs (deautokey.com with the same previously installed resistors) and no more flickering. I can confirm that these + load resistors are error free and flicker free: http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-jetta-drl-new-hi-power-complete-cree-daytime-running-lights

InfamousAvant
01-13-2016, 05:39 AM
I have the flicker issue as well on my driver side. I pulled it out and looked into it briefly but do not see where adjustments are able to be made.

FormulaElement
01-13-2016, 11:36 AM
The shiver is most likely from the headlight adjusters wearing. There really is no easy way to fix this besides buying a new headlight.

If you're lucky one of the three bolts that hold the headlight onto the car might be loose, but don't get your hopes up.

deAutoLED.com
07-26-2016, 04:32 AM
I've noticed a bit of shivering on only my passenger side projector. If I wiggle the projector its noticeably more "loose" in the AFS brackets than the drivers side. I've not had the time to fully investigate further.

Regarding problem 2, I had a similar issue (load resistors + blubs from superbrightleds.com), tried different LED bulbs (deautokey.com with the same previously installed resistors) and no more flickering. I can confirm that these + load resistors are error free and flicker free: http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-jetta-drl-new-hi-power-complete-cree-daytime-running-lights

This is very interesting - can you please email us as we have many load resistors that can fix the issue if people are interested we can make a custom kit for the audizine forums and discount it for everyone.

Thank you

hilmar2k
07-26-2016, 08:14 AM
Headlight shivering is my biggest annoyance with my car. Drives me nuts.

D's Avant
07-26-2016, 12:28 PM
This is very interesting - can you please email us as we have many load resistors that can fix the issue if people are interested we can make a custom kit for the audizine forums and discount it for everyone.

Thank you

Mine does the same thing with the LED DRL when it is off and the main headlight is on. No flicker or bulb out warning when the DRL is on. Has the built in resistor and have been thinking of going back to a regular bulb because of this. Would be interested in an LED with no flickering while off.

deAutoLED.com
07-26-2016, 02:40 PM
Mine does the same thing with the LED DRL when it is off and the main headlight is on. No flicker or bulb out warning when the DRL is on. Has the built in resistor and have been thinking of going back to a regular bulb because of this. Would be interested in an LED with no flickering while off.

Can you send more information to Support@deAutoLED.com - we just fixed this issue with someone's mk6 jetta so we feel we can help with your Audi.

Thank you

D's Avant
07-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Can you send more information to Support@deAutoLED.com - we just fixed this issue with someone's mk6 jetta so we feel we can help with your Audi.

Thank you

These are the ones I have that flicker every minute or so when not on.

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=43_71_93&product_id=250

Not your product, is there a set-up you would have that would eliminate this flicker while the light is off and also not throw a code while on?