PDA

View Full Version : RocEuro Intake for C6 A6! Intro Pricing!

John@Roc-Euro
12-17-2015, 11:57 AM
It's finally done. This was, believe it or not, the hardest vehicle to find around here!

The long and short:
Some of you might be familiar with the RocEuro intake for the S4 and S5, the Q5, the SQ5, The C7 A6/A7, etc etc. Some of the old school guys might remember that I worked for Stratmosphere before they closed in 2012 (which led to good ol' RocEuro happening)... I developed that intake and have carried the torch since. Ironically, in 2009, I tested the intake concept on a C6 A6 and then never got the chance to finalize it, and we launched the S4 intake. Basically, since then, I've been struggling to find ANYONE locally to come through with a C6 for me to revisit it! You can find threads here from waaaaaaay back about this. But we moved to a great new shop, and first order of business was getting this checked off, after two C6's showed up back to back, unannounced. A huge shoutout to our boys from Buffalo who swung through, and our local Michael for hanging out a couple times while we nailed it down.

As a result, I've got the production batch underway, and we'll be offering a pre-order deal of $299/shipped! (lower 48 only, Canucks, email me and we'll work it out)

$299 SHIPPED for anyone who preorders before January 4th, which is the shipping date. (http://roc-euro.com/intakes/audi-a6-c6-3-0t-intake-system.html) Goes back up to $349 after that.

Use code: C6A6AZ at checkout for the $50 off and free shipping.

(Click for a short clip of what I bet you already know it sounds like) (https://www.instagram.com/p/_XXVG0MSFp/)

It'll all be wrinkle black - we typically take pics with it silver to showcase what it is, as it's designed to match the plastic in the bay and blends in nicely. (Also the notch for that hose is much tighter fitting [;)] )

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/588/23770664486_792d8a6d3f_z.jpg

Questions and comments, fire away [up]

SinCityA6
12-17-2015, 12:06 PM
Way to go, John!!! I have been rocking the Roc*Euro intake for some time (as you well know) but having to run it into the stock air box. Now, how much for just the heat shield so I can ditch the air box all together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFONE
12-18-2015, 05:48 AM
My wish list just got longer...

John@Roc-Euro
12-18-2015, 06:04 AM
Way to go, John!!! I have been rocking the Roc*Euro intake for some time (as you well know) but having to run it into the stock air box. Now, how much for just the heat shield so I can ditch the air box all together?

I'll send you the new tube and shield at no charge if you wanna send me back the old one!
(It's a whole new mounted shield and bespoke tube!)

ichi d
12-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Our loonie is so low other wise I be in on this!

SinCityA6
12-19-2015, 02:22 PM
I'll send you the new tube and shield at no charge if you wanna send me back the old one!

You've got a DEAL!!!

Fastphil
12-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Got any video of the sound under load? A CAI was one of the first upgrades I did to my 03 Cobra. Power gains from an intake on a factory supercharged car are always big, and the sound is killer.

John@Roc-Euro
12-22-2015, 04:31 AM
Fastphil, absolutely. What's great here is that all audible aspects are the same as the B8 S4 and S5-

YouTube is your best bet. (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Roc+euro+intake)

That being said; almost everyone who records it just shows WOT. Which is a riot, for sure, but just keep in mind that it's basically silent when the load is low. I'm wagering that you know this coming from the Cobra.

For example: the mic is in the engine bay on this clip: so its real prominent. (https://youtu.be/3lWMhy8DhmU)

This one is great for real world comparison:

https://youtu.be/Kv1o11f9qzc

[up]

boywonder
12-28-2015, 02:04 PM
The coupon code gives free shipping too, correct? Shipping is still being added when I try to check out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

John@Roc-Euro
12-28-2015, 02:26 PM
Fluke on my part - cart update should offer the free shipping again. [up]

boywonder
12-28-2015, 02:40 PM
Fluke on my part - cart update should offer the free shipping again. [up]
I figured it out. When I added the free installation instructions to the cart, it still added shipping.

M3andAMG
01-08-2016, 08:57 AM
You guys ship out the intakes?

boywonder
01-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Yes, any update on shipping date?

John@Roc-Euro
01-12-2016, 02:49 PM
Looking at friday- fuggin' underspray on an entire batch of items. Can't have that. I had them redo it! Fun fun. Tracking as soon as its in hand to roll out.

SinCityA6
01-13-2016, 06:51 AM

Let me know when you want my address!!![:D]

Junction
01-13-2016, 07:36 AM
FREE shipping to canada?

boywonder
01-16-2016, 10:02 AM
So I assume you didn't get to ship on Friday?

John@Roc-Euro
01-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Well, I went to scoop them Friday, and for the second time, blemishes. Here's what I'm going to do- all of ya are going to get gorgeous raw stainless pieces shipped out ASAP, and then when the black ones are finally, correctly done (I wasn't given much info, I just could see the fade) I'll send out those with a return label for the others.
That way you can all have fun now; and be pretty later. Naturally if anyone really likes the stainless look they can just keep it.

I'll update everyone individually tomorrow, when I crank em out for ya!

No 'free' shipping to Canada, but here's how we can wing it:
UPS charges brokerage, but is fast and offers live tracking.
USPS costs 20% more than UPS without brokerage; no 'real' tracking, and takes a while.
IF you're in Canada, I'll give you a $20 credit towards UPS with a suggestion to clear your own customs. If you want USPS, I'll give you a $30 credit (because its almost always $50 to ship), and just be ready to wait a little longer.

OR! Email me with your full name, address, and AZ handle, referencing the C6, and I'll get you involved with a Canadian vendor who may be able to help.

[up]

boywonder
01-16-2016, 03:47 PM
Well, I went to scoop them Friday, and for the second time, blemishes. Here's what I'm going to do- all of ya are going to get gorgeous raw stainless pieces shipped out ASAP, and then when the black ones are finally, correctly done (I wasn't given much info, I just could see the fade) I'll send out those with a return label for the others.
That way you can all have fun now; and be pretty later. Naturally if anyone really likes the stainless look they can just keep it.

I'll update everyone individually tomorrow, when I crank em out for ya!

No 'free' shipping to Canada, but here's how we can wing it:
UPS charges brokerage, but is fast and offers live tracking.
USPS costs 20% more than UPS without brokerage; no 'real' tracking, and takes a while.
IF you're in Canada, I'll give you a $20 credit towards UPS with a suggestion to clear your own customs. If you want USPS, I'll give you a $30 credit (because its almost always $50 to ship), and just be ready to wait a little longer.

OR! Email me with your full name, address, and AZ handle, referencing the C6, and I'll get you involved with a Canadian vendor who may be able to help.

[up]
That's some great customer service. Thanks, John!

John@Roc-Euro
01-20-2016, 04:56 AM
Alright just a quick update for everyone - new batch is coming along and almost set; weather is affecting some shipment stuff inbound that I need to send these outbound, but I'll be active on the updates both here and via email.
Apologies to anyone who may have called if I missed it; it's not a quiet process building these bad boys.
I'll be including a coupon for half off a replacement filter with each kit as a thank you. [up]
Emails and PMs up next if you've hit me up!

M3andAMG
01-20-2016, 10:19 AM
Alright just a quick update for everyone - new batch is coming along and almost set; weather is affecting some shipment stuff inbound that I need to send these outbound, but I'll be active on the updates both here and via email.
Apologies to anyone who may have called if I missed it; it's not a quiet process building these bad boys.
I'll be including a coupon for half off a replacement filter with each kit as a thank you. [up]

When could we expect a tracking number?

czevallos
01-21-2016, 09:18 AM
Can I use it in my 2006 C6 A6 3.2?

Bigshizzy1
01-23-2016, 08:18 AM
Thanks John for being so responsive thus far; it makes this transition and anticipation so much easier. I shot you an email today; hope everything worked out with the new batch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

boywonder
01-23-2016, 05:10 PM
I assume there are delays with the east coast storm? Stay warm and safe, everyone.

mrismail
01-30-2016, 11:19 AM
Hey John...
It's been asked before but not addressed on this forum. Will this fit/work with C6 A6 3.2 L engine?

boywonder
01-30-2016, 06:38 PM
Any update on when these will ship?

boywonder
02-04-2016, 09:38 PM
For those who've ordered one of these, have you guys heard anything? After charging my credit card when I ordered in late December, John is now not responding to any emails and stopped providing updates here on this thread. I still see him posting stuff up on the roc euro instagram, so I get the feeling he's deliberately ignoring us.

Nizmo
02-04-2016, 10:36 PM
From a different section.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/683374-RocEuro-4-0T-Intake-Holiday-Intro-Pricing!/page3

Seems like a legit guy and company I wouldn't start any drama over a $300 intake....

John@Roc-Euro
02-05-2016, 03:51 AM
Sorry for the scatterbrain guys. It's been a (now-finally-resolved) nightmare getting these through production. Not to mention some demand! I've got these on deck and am starting to ship; emails have been swamped, as well as new shop building, and our overly mild winter has me dealing with foot traffic as well, which is a bit new with the new shop location.
I wish I could post my schedule or a live feed of the shop. I'll be welding and assembling today to get caught up, so emails may be slow. Hell, I think I get like 150 a day. You guys can call! I've got the shop phone on me. You can text me as well: 585.500.1303 but PLEASE include your actual name and AZ handle so I can cross reference easily.

I'm hustling!

M3andAMG
02-10-2016, 12:18 PM
Any update on shipping? I still haven't received a tracking number?

John@Roc-Euro
02-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Picking up from powder (looking good and finally correct) on Friday! Expect all the tracking info. [up]

Nizmo
02-11-2016, 06:43 AM
Picking up from powder (looking good and finally correct) on Friday! Expect all the tracking info. [up]

Would you be making an intake kit for the c6 s6?

John@Roc-Euro
02-11-2016, 06:58 AM
Would you be making an intake kit for the c6 s6?

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/5090466+_c2b2d55434daabdaa643661efc19f086.jpg

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/meme-face-thinking.jpg

I have a partial prototype that I would love to finish up. My development car went C6 S6 to C7 S6.

so. Who's local-ish and wants a free 5.2 V10 C6 intake?

M3andAMG
02-11-2016, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the update John. [up]

jstarr427
02-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Put me on the list! How is fitment?

John@Roc-Euro
02-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Fitment is extremely similar to our 3.0t systems on the B8 S4 platform. This features a stable fixed mount for the shield as well. It's on our website here: http://roc-euro.com/intakes/audi-a6-c6-3-0t-intake-system.html with intro pricing still.

Also, just secured a V10 to finish that up. [up]

Nizmo
02-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Fitment is extremely similar to our 3.0t systems on the B8 S4 platform. This features a stable fixed mount for the shield as well. It's on our website here: http://roc-euro.com/intakes/audi-a6-c6-3-0t-intake-system.html with intro pricing still.

Also, just secured a V10 to finish that up. [up]

I would drive to you, could even do a prototype 3d print or CAD model for sizing if your local guy falls through.

Put me on the list asap.

jstarr427
02-11-2016, 07:14 PM
Is that coupon code still valid? just entered it and website says no.[:(]

M3andAMG
02-17-2016, 07:58 AM

I haven't received a tracking number. What's the status?

boywonder
02-17-2016, 04:47 PM
I haven't received anything either, and they're not responding to emails.

SinCityA6
02-18-2016, 06:55 AM

Guys,

I know you are excited to get the intake. John is a standup guy and a very busy one with his new shop and all. Per his last update, he would have gotten the intakes from the powder coat company last Friday and then he would have needed to lovingly pack them for shipment. Then, Rochester was hit with over 20 inches of snow on Tuesday where nothing was moving (they even shut down the freeways) from which they are still trying to dig out from. I am positive he will get the intakes out as quickly as possible and, trust me when I say this, you will be very happy with the quality of his product.

Nizmo
02-18-2016, 07:35 AM
If he gets the intake for the V10 S6, he will have the ONLY kits avail.

Boston got nailed with almost 2 feet, lake effect snow in Rochester, yea.......

My opinion, don't use the forums for "wheres my tracking number", he even gave you his personal number.....

Garryg
02-18-2016, 10:55 AM
Can I use it in my 2006 C6 A6 3.2?

Did you get a response to this?? I'd be interested if available.

c@@kieMonsta
02-21-2016, 01:14 PM
OMG, did not know that adding that could make the car sound so awesome! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTvc0EjKOaM

SinCityA6
02-21-2016, 09:15 PM
That is exactly how mine sounds with the Roc*Euro intake.

Bigshizzy1
02-23-2016, 05:13 PM
Yeah... think it sounds good inside the car, here's a quick snap of what it sounds like outside the car...mid throttle. Ear sex
I'm running the roc euro intake for the C7 A6... it fits...crazy tight, and had to fab my own shield. Ended up getting it due to a mix up when they were developing the two models. Stand up guys though, seem to be crazy busy all the time but I can vouch fir their build quality. Waiting on my c6 intake set up. [emoji1]

https://vimeo.com/156495981

Don't mind my dirty exhaust sound...I'm in the middle of experiementing with a custom fab set up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

juniorcruzer
02-23-2016, 07:48 PM
Looking to buy one, are thing shipping now?

Jon

M3andAMG
02-24-2016, 07:53 AM
Looking to buy one, are thing shipping now?

Jon

I still haven't received any tracking information yet.

steamboatgeoff
02-24-2016, 11:53 AM
Neither have I......

John@Roc-Euro
02-24-2016, 12:03 PM
Anthony's left today, everyone else's will be out Friday. Watch for UPS quantumview emails.

John@Roc-Euro
02-24-2016, 01:27 PM
Did you get a response to this?? I'd be interested if available.
I believe this will work fine; On the 3.2 with the B8 it added great sound and tone.

juniorcruzer
02-26-2016, 06:49 PM
Well I just placed my order, looking forward to giving this a go.

Jon

M3andAMG
02-27-2016, 05:19 AM
I received my yesterday. I'll be installing it this weekend. Thanks John.

John@Roc-Euro
02-27-2016, 05:44 AM
I received my yesterday. I'll be installing it this weekend. Thanks John.

If you guys need any help with installation, email me. I haven't completed the install guide, but it's fairly easy.

Cliff notes:
Pulling the factory box out sucks.
The sharp tabs on the corner of our shield will tuck around the corner of the OEM plastic inlet. It'll make sense.
The toggles get pushed through the holes where the rubber mounts went- remove the plastic ring as well for a flat fit.
It helps to lift the screw by the washer to add tension when threading it down a bit. Leave it loose and get it aligned; then tighten, them slide the tube through, small end first.
I also tuck the breather filter under the headlight, it nestled securely.

Then go make supercharger sounds!
[up]

M3andAMG
02-27-2016, 08:12 AM
If you guys need any help with installation, email me. I haven't completed the install guide, but it's fairly easy.

Cliff notes:
The sharp tabs on the corner of our shield will tuck around the corner of the OEM plastic inlet. It'll make sense.
The toggles get pushed through the holes where the rubber mounts went- remove the plastic ring as well for a flat fit.
It helps to lift the screw by the washer to add tension when threading it down a bit. Leave it loose and get it aligned; then tighten, them slide the tube through, small end first.

Then go make supercharger sounds!
[up]

I just realized all the above lol. All in all it took me about an hr start to finish.

http://s8.postimg.org/6xao956rl/roc_euro_2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/6xao956rl/)

Kem
03-01-2016, 05:11 PM
I remember the stock airbox being a bitch to open. Any tips for removing it?

I just realized all the above lol. All in all it took me about an hr start to finish.

http://s8.postimg.org/6xao956rl/roc_euro_2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/6xao956rl/)

M3andAMG
03-02-2016, 06:06 AM
I remember the stock airbox being a bitch to open. Any tips for removing it?

Just use brute force lol.
I first started disconnecting the pipe that goes into the throttle body and the hose that is connected to it. Then I went and disconnected the clips that hold in the top of the intake box, it splits in 2 pieces.
Then I loosened the clamp that connects to the intake box. Remove the breather hose so it's free. Once its all loose I just wiggled the intake pipe until it came out then lifted the top half of the intake box out then the bottom half.

TheAlphadog
03-14-2016, 01:43 PM
For the A6 C6 model, is there any reprogramming that needs to be done after installation? Or, will the car's programming still assume that the stock air box is installed? I don't have a VAG-COM yet so the last thing I want is to install this kit, see a check engine light come on, and not have the means to diagnose it.

SinCityA6
03-16-2016, 09:57 AM
For the A6 C6 model, is there any reprogramming that needs to be done after installation? Or, will the car's programming still assume that the stock air box is installed? I don't have a VAG-COM yet so the last thing I want is to install this kit, see a check engine light come on, and not have the means to diagnose it.

No reprogramming needed. Does nt throw any codes either. Plug and play basically.

ichi d
03-16-2016, 09:18 PM
just placed my order!!

ichi d
03-17-2016, 10:20 PM
Anyone know how long it takes for a conformation email on the sale order? I haven't received one yet.

TheAlphadog
03-18-2016, 07:54 AM
I placed my order on Tuesday and got an email on Thursday. John (Roc*Euro) said my intake would ship today. He said the intake would be from the batch that was finished on Wednesday. Sounds like he's shipping them out as fast as he makes them.

rdauer26
03-23-2016, 08:57 AM
I believe this will work fine; On the 3.2 with the B8 it added great sound and tone.

Since I have a 3.2, will I have any issues with throwing a code?

Garryg
03-23-2016, 11:07 AM

How much for shipping to New Zealand?

Fastphil
03-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Another question stemming from my Mustang days: Does this intake need or benefit from any custom tuning in the ECM?

boywonder
03-23-2016, 05:08 PM
Has anyone been able to download the install instructions off the roc euro website? I keep getting an error when trying to download them.

ichi d
03-23-2016, 09:37 PM
been a week now and still no confirmation.

TheAlphadog
03-24-2016, 10:04 AM
ichi d, I hear ya. I ordered mine on the 15th and the order status still says 'Processing'. I've tried emailing John about the order status and got no response. However, when I emailed him on the 13th and 14th, the days leading up to my purchase, he was very responsive to my emails and questions. When I call the phone number on my order receipt, I get an automated response saying the voice mailbox is not set up. So, no way to leave a message.

I'm going to look at the bright side here and assume that he's either on vacation, on travel, or the like. Still, not happy with the customer service thus far--or the wait.

juniorcruzer
03-25-2016, 12:56 PM
I would say he has been very busy with the new shop. Not super responsive, but placed my order, got my confirmation a few days later, and a few days after that it was shipped. Would say was probably 2-3 weeks from order placement to product received.

Jon

John@Roc-Euro
03-25-2016, 02:54 PM
Oh man, I wish I was on travel, vacation, holiday. Instead, full disclosure, APR launched a revision for the Mk6 GTI and I have fielded ~140 calls about it in 4 days.. Literally dying over here with non-stop cars and calls. I haven't been able to do anything. My hired help starts next week. Just wish APR waited til they had all the box codes available. I've been answering as many phone calls as possible; and now I'm kicking the weekend at the shop answerig emails and processing orders. I'll make it worth everyone's while; am just crushed this week. Blarf.

seanentrust
03-25-2016, 03:08 PM
I wish APR would update files for other cars as much as they have for the mk6 :(

John@Roc-Euro
03-25-2016, 03:21 PM
I mean, they're running defense against the Cobb launch, which was pretty lackluster. Just an absolute onslaught here with it.
(Hence my responsiveness prior; and phone failure after) and yeah I need to fix the VM, which I will do momentarily. That being said, hold tight and I'll have answers for everyone tomorrow! Saturday at the shop and I should be able to catch up.

boywonder
03-27-2016, 02:31 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160327/3596c816b9db48895d6c15d0429b68f7.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160327/914ff50e15a3c2472fb5371c337edf84.jpg

Installed yesterday, took about 30 minutes and was easier than I thought it'd be.

Have to figure out a way to secure that hose ...

ichi d
03-27-2016, 03:34 PM
nice!!! some sound clips please!!!

ichi d
04-03-2016, 10:18 AM

still nothing smh.

John@Roc-Euro
04-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Been wrecked here at the shop, feel free to call. I've got a pile of these almost set to go; Tuesday for shipping for a bunch. I'm trying to catch up on emails and whatnot, the trade-off is it then takes longer for me to make em. Matt starts full time in a week!

seanentrust
04-03-2016, 10:52 AM
I need to just order one already! I hate how quiet my car is!

TheAlphadog
04-04-2016, 07:20 AM
seanentrust, just be prepared to wait. John sounds backlogged. I ordered mine on March 15th and the order still says it's in the 'Processing' state. [:/]

John@Roc-Euro
04-04-2016, 07:31 AM
Alpha, shoot me an email right quick, let me make sure that's corrected! I've got these on deck.

TheAlphadog
04-04-2016, 10:18 AM
John, sent you two emails with my order information, shipping address, etc.

Garryg
04-06-2016, 12:45 PM
How much for shipping to New Zealand?

Hi John,

As per my previous posts, how much for shipping to NZ?

John@Roc-Euro
04-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Ah hey! Sorry I've been busy making these things non-stop. Shipping to NZ is $95, takes about 7-10 days.

ichi d
04-06-2016, 02:16 PM
And...... Wait for it....... Still no reply or conformation!! Yay!!!

TheAlphadog
04-11-2016, 09:40 AM
John shipped my intake via overnight/next day and I received it on Friday. Total wait time was about 3 weeks. Wait time could have been better, I suppose, but John was pretty transparent about the logistics problems he was having in his new shop. He made up for the delay with the expedited shipping. Thanks, John!

I prepared for the install by watching intake install youtube videos and also read through John's installation notes PDF for the 3.0T intake system (generic notes for multiple Audi models you can easily find on the Roc-Euro website). My kit did not come with instructions specific to my A6. John's generic install notes were helpful enough for me to understand how to do the install but I do feel that install notes for this model are overdue. To help out anyone that will be installing this intake, I'd like to add to John's notes and add a few of my own.

My commentary to John's cliff notes:
>> Yep, sure does. Pulling off the breather hose from the stock box was the most tricky due to the way the hose attaches to the box. Jam your fingers around that connector and squeeze as hard as you can on the sides until it unclamps from the box.
>> It does, but what a strange fit (reference pictures named "WhyTheGap.jpg - WhyTheGap3.jpg" in my pictures link). Why is there a 1/2" of space where air from the existing OEM plastic inlet piece does not direct into the new intake space? Why not direct ALL of the fresh air coming in through that inlet piece into that area? In other words, why does the heat shield bisect perpendicularly the inlet piece and its airflow to let 7/8ths of its width of airflow into the new intake area and the other 1/8th into the engine bay? Unless there's a reason for this, I'm thinking about rigging something up to redirect that air into the intake space.
>> I was not expecting standard hardware store toggle bolts. I hope those puppies don't vibrate loose over the years. That's something I'll have to check every now and then.
>> Good description, this helped.
>> I found a place behind the headlight, more toward the fender and wheel well. There was a small painted metal tab near the well that was perfect to put a zip-tie through to secure the breather filter and hose.

My lessons learned, in order of installation:
1) Metal to metal contact: I was surprised that the powder coated heat shield sits directly on top of the car's frame (metal to metal contact) held in place by nothing more than two hardware store bolts, washers, and toggle bolts. Metal on metal with no gasket or foam in between, really? I secured the bolts until they were tight--didn't want to over-torque them and strip the bolt heads. Added loc-tite as best as I could.
2) Breather filter: Install this and secure it in place BEFORE you install the intake tube and drop in the air filter (see 3, below). You'll have plenty of room to work in the new intake area if you do it in this order. If you are following John's generic PDF install instructions, this means you are inserting steps 12 and 13 before step 8.
3) Installing the intake filter: The area in which to do the last step, to install the intake filter, is impossible once the heat shield and intake tube are in place. It just doesn't fit. The diameter of the filter exceeds the width of the space between the edge of the car's hood and the heat shield. Cursing a bit, I had to carefully loosen the heat shield bolts a few turns, decouple the intake tube from the throttle body, back out the intake tube from the heat shield hole, and then slide the filter down into the new intake space. I left the filter sitting in there temporarily while tightening everything back down and then easily slid the intake filter onto the intake tube.

Pictures:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B13vy6z4dBk_YkJOVV9xVzktbzA

Then I made supercharger sounds. [drool]

Desp23
04-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Thanks for sharing! Hopefully my order will process soon

John@Roc-Euro
04-11-2016, 10:40 AM
John shipped my intake via overnight/next day and I received it on Friday. Total wait time was about 3 weeks. Wait time could have been better, I suppose, but John was pretty transparent about the logistics problems he was having in his new shop. He made up for the delay with the expedited shipping. Thanks, John!

I prepared for the install by watching intake install youtube videos and also read through John's installation notes PDF for the 3.0T intake system (generic notes for multiple Audi models you can easily find on the Roc-Euro website). My kit did not come with instructions specific to my A6. <-- I am definitely on this. John's generic install notes were helpful enough for me to understand how to do the install but I do feel that install notes for this model are overdue. To help out anyone that will be installing this intake, I'd like to add to John's notes and add a few of my own.

My commentary to John's cliff notes:
>> Yep, sure does. Pulling off the breather hose from the stock box was the most tricky due to the way the hose attaches to the box. Jam your fingers around that connector and squeeze as hard as you can on the sides until it unclamps from the box.
>> It does, but what a strange fit (reference pictures named "WhyTheGap.jpg - WhyTheGap3.jpg" in my pictures link). Why is there a 1/2" of space where air from the existing plastic inlet piece, connected to the front of the car, does not direct into the new intake space? Why not direct ALL of the fresh air coming in through that inlet piece into that area? In other words, why does the heat shield bisect perpendicularly the inlet piece and its airflow to let 7/8ths of its width of airflow into the new intake area and the other 1/8th into the engine bay? Unless there's a reason for this, I'm thinking about rigging something up to redirect that air into the intake space. <-- We traded off some theoretical function for user install ease.
>> I was not expecting standard hardware store toggle bolts. I hope those puppies don't vibrate loose over the years. That's something I'll have to check every now and then.
I spent a lot of time developing multiple other methods. Custom hardware. Expanding bolts. Rubber plugs. CNC'd brackets, you name it. In the end, overwhelming simplicity reigned supreme. They won't loosen up because the toggle itself snugs sharply against the channel it mounts to.
>> Good description, this helped.
>> I found a place behind the headlight, more toward the fender and wheel well. There was a small painted metal tab near the well that was perfect to put a zip-tie through to secure the breather filter and hose.

My lessons learned, in order of installation:
1) Metal to metal contact: I was surprised that the powder coated heat shield sits directly on top of the car's frame (metal to metal contact) held in place by nothing more than two hardware store bolts, washers, and toggle bolts. Metal on metal with no gasket or foam in between, really? I secured the bolts until they were tight--didn't want to over-torque them and strip the bolt heads. Added loc-tite as best as I could. <--- No gasket or foam, correct. It wiggled too much and inadvertently ended with most people overtorquing the bolt until it didn't move, or stripped. The surface area created with direct contact helps prevent excessive wiggle or movement. I'd be curious if the loctite will have negative effects later; the other benefit is that this hardware mounting is reversible, cleanly. Unlike other brands that require you to screw into the car, I wanted a low-impact approach. That being said, I would think that in a worst-case scenario, you could intentionally strip the threads to make it fail and remove it. I've just implemented this same method on the B8 3.0T intake as well. It started here, and is also found on the B8 2.0T intake, 4.0T intake, etc. Simple and effective.
2) Breather filter: Install this and secure it in place BEFORE you install the intake tube and drop in the air filter (see 3, below). You'll have plenty of room to work in the new intake area if you do it in this order. If you are following John's generic PDF install instructions, this means you are inserting steps 12 and 13 before step 8.
3) Installing the intake filter: The area in which to do the last step, to install the intake filter, is impossible once the heat shield and intake tube are in place. It just doesn't fit. The diameter of the filter exceeds the width of the space between the edge of the car's hood and the heat shield. Cursing a bit, I had to carefully loosen the heat shield, decouple the intake tube from the throttle body, back out the intake tube from the heat shield hole, and then slide the filter down into the new intake space. I left the filter sitting in there temporarily while tightening everything back down and then easily slid the intake filter onto the intake tube.

Pictures:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B13vy6z4dBk_YkJOVV9xVzktbzA

Then I made supercharger sounds. [drool]And thats the fun part [up]

First up, thanks for the end-user install tips. Every now and then I try to invite someone over to walk through the install with on a car they've never worked on, for that outside perspective.
I added in some short responses in bold, inside your quote, just to address thoughts. Orders for these babies are shipping out Wednesday!

ichi d
04-11-2016, 12:12 PM
It's been over 3 weeks for me and still no replies in pm or anything. He seems to have time to reply to the forums but not to pms or even check his websites to process orders. At this point I don't care anymore just want my ordered cancelled.

John@Roc-Euro
04-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Ichi,

I have just checked my PMs, and you PM'd me. I get no notifications on PM's and have always suggested phone or email over that, for that very reason.

Your order did not make it into the system and I am unsure how.

I have no emails from you.
I have no missed calls from the 647 area code since March 18th.

I do not mean to sound as if I am calling you out; I am just putting the situation together.

I am at my desk - you can cancel if you'd like, or it can ship tomorrow, as it is past the cutoff. Totally your call.

CALL or EMAIL me, or hell, post right now if you're in our out. I'll process or cancel, totally up to you.

boywonder
04-11-2016, 03:03 PM
What happened to the codes for the 1/2 price replacement filter that you offered a while ago? I've emailed you a few times about it with no response.

John@Roc-Euro
04-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Those codes should be live - 'filter50' will work, I think you may have to be logged in. Apologies on the missed email, I'll see if I can dig it up. If you're antsy, shoot me one now and I'll get you set.

SinCityA6
04-11-2016, 05:43 PM
John-

I will be visiting Rochester in October and would love to come meet you in person and check out the shop. I will contact you as the time approaches.