PDA

View Full Version : Window washer light wont go away

volkswagensRus
11-23-2015, 05:40 AM
The light pops up on my dash. I've put lots of window washer fluid in (granted, it's not full... but probably half way or more) and the sensor wont leave my dashboard. I'm thinking teh coolant sensor is dirty?

down_n_dapper
11-23-2015, 05:45 AM
time to start searching a bit more man, you'll find alot of people have answered common questions years before!

heres a link link to other thread post (http://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/windsheild-washer-fluid-warning-183185/)

volkswagensRus
11-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Ok so I looked into the reservoir, and its DEEP. I think I didn't have it full enough to trip the very very top sensors. So I think that was my fault for not topping off the fluid.

Second. It seems like my washer fluid is leaking like a bitch. Ugggg. It wasn't leaking the past week or two, and today since I used it, it's leaking like a bastard.

nemick
11-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Ok so I looked into the reservoir, and its DEEP. I think I didn't have it full enough to trip the very very top sensors. So I think that was my fault for not topping off the fluid.

Second. It seems like my washer fluid is leaking like a bitch. Ugggg. It wasn't leaking the past week or two, and today since I used it, it's leaking like a bastard.

The reservoir leaking is also very common on these cars, especially as they get older. The window washer pump is held in place by a grommet. Once the grommet hardens, it leaks. Usually a cheap fix but like most things a bit of a pain to get to.

volkswagensRus
11-30-2015, 11:04 AM
Damn. It's probably now leaking from being in the 20s and 30s that the grommet shriveled up and is now leaking. I guess I can find a DIY on that somewhere?

SN95Audi87
11-30-2015, 03:30 PM
I fixed mine this fall. I scraped up my knuckles pretty bad pulling that sensor out. In order for to gain access I had to move the power steering reservoir and miscellaneous electrical bracket to access it. The symptom I had was every time I would fill it up to capacity the car would randomly alarm for fluid low. I wouldn't recommend doing this job in the cold, plastic connectors do not like it.

volkswagensRus
11-30-2015, 04:19 PM
Fair enough. Replacing the sensor fixed the leak?

down_n_dapper
11-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Easier to access washer bottle through driver fender, remove wheel, remove fender liner, access bottle

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

volkswagensRus
12-01-2015, 04:41 AM
^Nice!! Good insider tip. Thank you.

SN95Audi87
12-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Fair enough. Replacing the sensor fixed the leak?

The sensor is stuffed into a grommet. Buy a new grommet and sensor to eliminate any future problems.

Easier to access washer bottle through driver fender, remove wheel, remove fender liner, access bottle

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I wish I would of did this! Would of saved me time and skin.

volkswagensRus
12-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Perfect, will do. I'll update this thread when the car is fixed.