PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy stock springs?

cray54
11-02-2015, 02:47 PM
I've got a 2000 A4 Avant with broken rear springs (both are broken). They are marked with 2 White and 3 Pink dots.

I need the stock ground clearance, so I shouldn't take the opportunity to lower it. Where is a good place to find stock rear springs at a decent price?

Thanks,
Chris

walky_talky20
11-02-2015, 03:35 PM
A forum member from Virginia, North Carolina, or further south whom has upgraded their suspension and has the stock springs sitting in their garage, will probably be the best source at the best price.

If you have non-sport suspension, there are aftermarket springs available. Often I find that the replacements are even higher than the stock components, creating a 'reverse rake' that is not desirable. But you could try. Some good used springs would be nice, if you can find them. I wouldn't worry about matching the colors. Just make sure they are non-sport Avant quattro springs and you'll be good.

The OEM replacements are available, but they are pricey:
https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/8D9_511_115_D/ES434917/

That said, if the broken spring is not affecting ground clearance (ie: is ok how it sits right now), I have seen the "cheap fix" done with good results. Just cut the last coil off cleanly with a rotary cutting tool in place. No need to remove anything from the car and takes just a couple minutes per side.

b5a4erik
11-02-2015, 05:03 PM
I've got springs laying around for a '99 aeb 1.8t fwd.

They're yours if you want them.

freekonwheelz1
11-03-2015, 12:39 PM
ive only got one stock rear spring leftover from an accident. couldnt get it back on the car from how messed up the control arm was. there is actually 2 A4s at LKQ here in OKC, one with coilovers and one with stock suspension on them. the guys there told me they would charge the same price for the coilovers as the struts ($24.70 a piece not including texes.) they are Raceland coilovers on them.

moclakens
11-03-2015, 03:32 PM
I have a set of stock sport avant springs, message me if you are interested. Shipping would probably be cost prohibitive though.

cray54
09-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Wow, everything takes longer when you have kids. After the first reply, I found a set on ebay and forgot to follow through. Now, 10 months later I found the thread and there were other replies I didn't know about.

Now that I'm ready to actually fix them. Anyone still have a set of rear Avant springs they'd be willing to part with?

Thank you,
Chris

jaydee23
09-14-2016, 01:27 PM
I have all 4 stock springs and shocks from 99.5 a4, not sure if that will work (less than 100k car)
also odds and ends i would like to sell relatively cheap
s4 skirts silver
black arm rest
etc..

H8stock
09-21-2016, 10:29 PM
I have all 4 OEM f+r springs from a 2000 a4. They are newish (less than 30k miles).

seanf86
09-23-2016, 05:54 AM
I bought these ones for my carhttp://www.germanautoparts.com/Audi/A4/Suspension/351/1 they sit perfect and they were a European aftermarket brand.