PDA

View Full Version : d0wse's 1996 Timeline

d0wse
11-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Welcome to my thread

How I brought her home.
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5821/21881674514_7d12e9feb7_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/zkBiuf)

Basics
-1996 Audi A4
-Quattro[:D]
-Manual
-12v
-Every Option for 96 except the sport wheel
-160,000 miles

Interior
Tape stuck in the audi concert sound...
Ripped seats

Exterior
Red Calipers

Wheel/Suspension
Koni Shocks

Future Plans
Fix Central Locking
Fix Throwout Bearing
Fix Hid

Special Thanks to...
Roger&Anita; my wonderful parents. I thank them for literally everything they do for me, especially putting up with the amount of automobiles I accumulated throughout the last 3 years. And for being super supportive through my whole life. I love you guys more than anything.
Joe Anderson & Tom Carrigan; two of my closest car friends. For all of the help, lending of hands and putting up with all of my craigslist text messages. I thank you for all of the help.

d0wse
11-02-2015, 09:24 AM
So. Thanks to everyone on the forum for the help off the rip for the car on how to diagnose on the starter and everything. I wanted to create a timeline thread to organize the continence of this car since I'm not going to let it die.

About a week ago I help a close friends, best friend trailer this thing home in hopes to be a first car. It was clean, straight and needed a starter/clutch. The tbelt looked good and it didn't really have any issues other than that. Trailed it home the same night. Come to find out that the best friend did NOT tell his parents he was doing this causing a massive fight to ensue. I told him I'd give him some money and the wheels off the car to make up the rest of the difference but he said give me x amount and take it. Along with another friend said yeah, we can split the cost and just have another car in our fleet. I have 3 other cars so I lied to my mom to let me keep this at her house.

We are the combined 5th owners and well its a super nice car.
Through the help here and on a local forum called ROFLwagens I was able to diagnose a bad starter and ignition switch. I also got super lucky on Craigslist to find the 3rd owner. Kyle is a mad nice dude and hes owned it the longest. 8 years, alot of maintenance like the timing belt, water pump, exhaust etc. Super solid dude. I plan on sharing it for the rest of winter until the other owner aka my best friend joe get sent off to boot camp in February.

d0wse
11-02-2015, 09:24 AM
reserved1

d0wse
11-02-2015, 09:26 AM
reserved2

d0wse
11-02-2015, 09:26 AM
reserved3

d0wse
11-05-2015, 02:57 PM
Ok everyone. Posting double in two different threads to seek advice. Clutch went straight to the floor tonight. No pressure unless pumped. So it holds pressure when pumped for a little. Didnt want to drive being it could get stuck in gear or something catastrophic. The clutch squeals alot being depressed and it shifts great but I'm almost positive its the slave. Anyone have good write ups on replacing it? Thanks Gavin.