PDA

View Full Version : Wheel brushes?

JMG
10-12-2005, 02:32 AM
I'm sick of getting down and dirty with a rag and cleaning every little crevice of my wheels by hand. I was always scared to use a wheel brush like the ones form pepboys to clean it, for fear of scratching the finish, but will it really do that? THis is metal on plastic right?

Anyone have a good brush to use on non polished wheels? Does it do a better job of getting in the crevices so I don't bust my fingers up?

Neo1130
10-12-2005, 03:48 AM
Get some Dupont Wheel cleaner with Teflon.... Best crap ever... And they also make some wheel "brushes" that are made out of sponge pads.... [up]

onemoremile
10-12-2005, 08:02 AM
wheel brushes are ok but the best i've ever used are dishwashing brushes from the supermarket. i like the round ones that you would use to clean bottles and glasses. the brush end is about the size of the inside of a normal coffee cup.

just be sure not to contaminate your cleaning agent with a dirty brush. have a hose handy and rinse the brush periodically while cleaning the wheels.

ihose off the wheels and then fill a bucket with diluted simple green and warm water. then hose the wheel down that i'm cleaning. dip the brush in the bucket and clean a section of the wheel. rinse the brush with the hose, dip it and clean some more. the bucket shouldn't ever get dirty this way.

the dishwashing brushes usually have longer and softer bristles than wheel brushes. this makes them ideal for getting into all the nooks and crannies like around the bolts.

that dupont teflon stuff is pretty slick.

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/1174IMG_1510.JPG

MR VTEC
10-12-2005, 08:15 AM
those brakes looks like straight sex!!! [:D] Damn I got a woody...

ianlionzion
10-12-2005, 08:43 AM
I think i'm gonna be trying the dishwashing brushes and that Dupont Wheel cleaner with Teflon. Good advice guys.

onemoremile
10-12-2005, 08:49 AM
just A8 rotors with stock calipers and carbotech pads. nothin fancy.