PDA

View Full Version : worth the trade??

baker
10-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Hi all:
Brand new here but I have been reading a lot. I,m in the market for a new car, and my 2 choices are 2005 Infiniti g35 sedan, or the 2006 Audi A3. While I realize these two cars are not exactly 2 you would normally compare due to their differences, I happen to like them both. I had an offer in for the g35, but the dealer and I are $1500 apart and he will not budge, so I took the a3 for a test drive and liked it quite a bit. So my question... I currently drive a 2002 Maxima, and am wondering what differences , or similarities I will find. The Maxima is quite fast, 255 hp, and very reliable. I have heard not so great things about Audi reliability, but what about the handling and power. Is their much difference? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

bOOOOstedAudi
10-10-2005, 09:59 AM
well are you going to be tuning the cars if so what kind. im not sure but i beleive it is alot easier to make the a3 faster then it would be to make the 35. do you want to look baller? if so 35. personally i would pic the a3 but thats me

a2a2pqk
10-10-2005, 11:04 AM
I think when I test drove the DSG A3... I think the power is really good already since it's a 200 Turbo car... as you might know you can chip the car and that will easily bring you over 280lb/ft torque.. so in terms of power, you won't need to worry. Since the wheel base is short it makes it a great handling car as well... compared to the bigger sedans you're looking at. well to me there are no similarities between japanese cars and european cars haha.. they might imitate, but they can never give you the same feeling that a european car can give you.

EvilllEmpirE
10-10-2005, 02:35 PM
A3 > G35 Chipped A3 2.0T along with the nicer interior of hte Audi makes it worthwhile over the Infiniti. Also...an A3 is a more unique car...a G35, well...its kinda like *ssholes...everyone has one[:p]