PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Audi s4 slave cylinder

Kevin_yuuu
09-03-2015, 10:17 PM
So I bought a 2004 Audi s4 couples months ago and I've been driving and it's been running fine until yesterday 9/2/15 when I was driving home my clutch pedal got stuck and I could no longer shift the gears. The clutch pedal goes in and out without any pressure whatsoever. After this happened I checked my hydraulic fluid and it turns out it was near empty does that have anything to do with my clutch going out? I refilled the hydraulic fluid and checked to see if it was because of that but still the pedal isn't working. The clutch is relatively new so it isn't the clutch, but from my research I've figured out its the Slave cylinder. So I'm wondering if I absolutely have to take out the tranny, gear box or anything other than nuts and bolts to get to the slave cylinder?

Kevin_yuuu
09-04-2015, 11:00 PM
Bump

x8performance
04-15-2016, 01:01 AM
So I bought a 2004 Audi s4 couples months ago and I've been driving and it's been running fine until yesterday 9/2/15 when I was driving home my clutch pedal got stuck and I could no longer shift the gears. The clutch pedal goes in and out without any pressure whatsoever. After this happened I checked my hydraulic fluid and it turns out it was near empty does that have anything to do with my clutch going out? I refilled the hydraulic fluid and checked to see if it was because of that but still the pedal isn't working. The clutch is relatively new so it isn't the clutch, but from my research I've figured out its the Slave cylinder. So I'm wondering if I absolutely have to take out the tranny, gear box or anything other than nuts and bolts to get to the slave cylinder?

I dont know if you have figured out the problem that you are having, but i had the exact same problem. i was driving and all a sudden the clutch peddle sunk to the bottom and didnt release back up. I ended up changing the slave cylinder and still wasnt the problem. At that point i had to take off the transmission to find out that the clutch plate was completely worn out to the medal. Installed a new clutch problem was fixed. I think the best way to change out the slave cylinder with out removing the transmission is from the top of the engine along the fire wall. let me know if you ended up fixing your problem.

Green12valve
05-04-2016, 03:48 PM
yes you can change the slave cylinder while the trans in the car its hard to get to thou its on the driver side top of the transmission and goes through the bell housing