PDA

View Full Version : B7 2005.5 A4 3.2 Avant misfire under power?? Help!

YooperAvant
08-29-2015, 12:53 PM
Hey guys-

First post after searching and searching, I need help with my 2005.5 3.2L A4 with 84,800 miles.

Backstory: The car drove to work fine in the morning, then home later. An hour later the car immediately threw a flashing CEL. got it checked, P0306. Pulled the coil packs and they were soaked in oil. Side note, bought car 3 1/2 months ago from dealer. Was serviced and had valve cover gaskets replaced. I changed the plugs and the coil pack. Even swapped them around.

Car starts and idles perfect now, idles along at 2000-2500 rpm with no issue. Light still on but not flashing. BUT Under power light flashes and car immediately misfires. Had code checked again and still says P0306.

Thoughts? Any help is appreciated!

I have an appointment with the dealer to have the gaskets checked and hopefully replaced under part warranty.

thank you-

EDIT: UPDATE. Started car this morning and will not idle smooth. very rough idle.

imnuts
08-30-2015, 04:12 PM
The oil is probably keeping the spark plugs from firing properly. Odds are, there is a bad crankcase breather system causing the gaskets to leak, or the valve cover gaskets weren't installed properly. Clean all the oil from the plugs, plug wells, and chill packs, then put it all back together. Also check the wiring on the coils when doing it, could be a bad wire, but with the oil, I wouldn't think so.

Sent from my Nexus 6

YooperAvant
08-30-2015, 05:09 PM
Great advice, thank you- I will give it a shot!

YooperAvant
09-04-2015, 11:17 AM
UPDATE: Had Audi review car and valve cover gaskets not leaking. Said the cam bridge gaskets are starting to go. The cause of the misfire was narrowed down to a faulty injector. So I went ahead and had it replaced. Now the next day I am getting a CEL and ran back to get codes run. After some diagnostics they concluded the fuel pump is weak and the lower intake manifold (drivers side - 8E0-919-051-CQ) is not operating fully when you smash the gas open. Is this a DIY or do i need special tools to accomplish this fix?

The whole thing seems a bit off. I drove the car for 4500 miles with not a single issue. Had an oil change done and suddenly its problem central! Does anyone have thoughts on this? I will be getting another opinion from an independent shop as well.

Lb113
01-02-2016, 03:38 PM
I've got about 193,000 miles on my 3.2 2005.5 Avant and I've never had a problem with the fuel pump (knock on wood) or any problem you've described. A faulty fan control module and a vcg on bank 2 thats starting to go but otherwise she's running pretty smoothly! wish you luck and hope it doesn't (but most likely will) drain your wallet!

YooperAvant
01-04-2016, 06:33 PM
I've got about 193,000 miles on my 3.2 2005.5 Avant and I've never had a problem with the fuel pump (knock on wood) or any problem you've described. A faulty fan control module and a vcg on bank 2 thats starting to go but otherwise she's running pretty smoothly! wish you luck and hope it doesn't (but most likely will) drain your wallet!

Lb113- Wow, great to hear your car is doing do well! It turns out the intake and fuel pump were both bad. Found a great independent shop (Banchwerks) that took care of it and went for a carbon cleaning while it was open. So far so good!