PDA

View Full Version : So what mods should I consider

Munster_Paul
08-19-2015, 08:45 PM
So I took physical ownership of my Matte Wrapped (Black) RS5 today- she was dusty and thirsty after tracking all the way from CA to MA, so I spent the afternoon removing the gloss plasticdip from the wheels to expose the 20" 5 Arm Titanium which I think gel better with the matte effect. The calipers are painted red but I am unsure if they are stock or carbon (I said I was a newbie so unsure). The Mods that I can see, and the seller was vague/unsure himself as he only had it for 8 months, are the wrap, a Milltek exhaust and the radar detectors. I am going into the local dealership tomorrow morning to get the state inspection, oil change and I was going to ask them if they could point out any others- I am not sure if from photos if anyone on here can tell- I will post photos as soon as I can figure out how to attach!!

Saying all that I want advice from others on what Mods to do- I am finding out stuff everyday and for starters I am definitely going with ecodes. I am not looking for any thing to provide more speed but more esthetic improvements-

Answers and suggestions on a postcard please.

Thanks

jkownz
08-19-2015, 09:49 PM
For the calipers, if they have a RS plate on them, then they are from factory red. If they do not, they are painted red.
As for mods a good list would be

Exhaust- you have
Ecodes
L.e.d interior lighting
RS mats add a nice touch
L.e.d reverse lights or get euro spec rear lights
Nice set of aftermarket wheels
Dedicated winter set wheels
A.F.E air filters are nice
Vag some nice added features like keep DRL when turn signal is on
Sway bars n end links
034 transmission mount
Some other 034 goods out there as well now
dropping the car with aftermarket suspension parts
List goes on and on.

Jimmy ny
08-21-2015, 09:29 AM
Money pit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munster_Paul
08-31-2015, 09:25 AM
For the calipers, if they have a RS plate on them, then they are from factory red. If they do not, they are painted red.
As for mods a good list would be

Exhaust- you have
Ecodes
L.e.d interior lighting
RS mats add a nice touch
L.e.d reverse lights or get euro spec rear lights
Nice set of aftermarket wheels
Dedicated winter set wheels
A.F.E air filters are nice
Vag some nice added features like keep DRL when turn signal is on
Sway bars n end links
034 transmission mount
Some other 034 goods out there as well now
dropping the car with aftermarket suspension parts
List goes on and on.

Thanks for that @jkwonz- eurocodes first, and new rims in the spring. Just enjoying the beast right now and did a long trip last week. We are still getting to know each other!