PDA

View Full Version : Best resource for determining S5 reliability

GlryX
08-18-2015, 11:07 AM
Gents,

I am nearing the end of my CPO warranty on my '09 S5 (52k miles) and am completely on the fence as to keeping it or not. I love this car and would love to see any info telling me that keeping it would be relatively low risk.

I have kept up maintenance on this as described and since inception have only had one issue with the blind spot switch.

I checked true delta and things seem to be about normal relative to other cars but I am worried about the relatively low pool size for their info.

Any personal opinions or additional resources would be appreciated.

DAZMAN
08-18-2015, 10:36 PM
Gents,

I am nearing the end of my CPO warranty on my '09 S5 (52k miles) and am completely on the fence as to keeping it or not. I love this car and would love to see any info telling me that keeping it would be relatively low risk.

I have kept up maintenance on this as described and since inception have only had one issue with the blind spot switch.

I checked true delta and things seem to be about normal relative to other cars but I am worried about the relatively low pool size for their info.

Any personal opinions or additional resources would be appreciated.

Hi I also have a 2009 s5 but bought it with 62500 on it. I had it inspected pre-purchase and the guy said it looked in great shape in and out. It now has nearly 70. Previous owner kept it impeccable shape. I do too. I have had it about 10 months now. Have done nothing service-wise to it so far. Zero problems so far, knock wood. I will have the 70k service, change oil, etc. but no complaints. I drive it hard as its supposed to be driven mostly. My addition to the pool is only slight but at least another opinion. I plan on keeping mine for at least another few years--way too sweet to unload and I'm sure you would agree. Best to you.

GlryX
08-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Hi I also have a 2009 s5 but bought it with 62500 on it. I had it inspected pre-purchase and the guy said it looked in great shape in and out. It now has nearly 70. Previous owner kept it impeccable shape. I do too. I have had it about 10 months now. Have done nothing service-wise to it so far. Zero problems so far, knock wood. I will have the 70k service, change oil, etc. but no complaints. I drive it hard as its supposed to be driven mostly. My addition to the pool is only slight but at least another opinion. I plan on keeping mine for at least another few years--way too sweet to unload and I'm sure you would agree. Best to you.

Thanks for the feedback man.

I have a B5 A4 back in the day and while it made me absolutely love Audi it also made me fear it a little. Tie rods, window regulators, tie arms, the list went on and on. I know the S5 and A4 and not nearly on the same level of production quality but it definitely had me worrying a bit.

Best of luck to you as well, these cars are amazing.

brianashley
09-15-2015, 08:38 PM
Have an 09 S5 Auto V8 with 84,000 miles on her. I am second owner and it had around 30K when I bought it. Under warranty, backup camera, intake manifold and intake runner flaps were replaced (ECU replaced as well as a byproduct of the misdiagnosis of the flap issue). I've replaced rear shocks due to creaking noise, pads, rotors and tired when needed all service done by Audi.
I worry a well about long term costs, but like yours it's rattle free and the paint is impeccable. Car looks a year old, not 6 years.