PDA

View Full Version : Front License Plate..

PeregrineNYC
08-13-2015, 02:45 PM
Tragically, it appears I am going to have to tarnish the beauty of the front of my RS5 with some sort of license plate. Yes, I know. Horrific. I know there's another post about this with suggestions like keeping the plate in the glove box etc, but unfortunately I'm just going to have to do it.
For those who have taken this step, could you let me know what you've done and possibly direct me to the product you used? I've seen them off to the side, right on the grill, hideaway, etc. I probably won't use a hideaway because I have had bad experiences with them in the past.
As always, all suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.

shonseb
08-13-2015, 03:02 PM
I uninstalled my plate holder as soon as I unwrapped the car, never to be placed on my car again as long as I own it. I live in Queens and always park in the driveway or private lot. You'll take a big gamble parking in the street. So far I got 3 tickets just from that. I have never gotten pulled over, and I've driven by multiple cops. They usually just stare at my car. Having no tint on my windows doesn't hurt either.

joshuamoore
08-13-2015, 03:04 PM
Unfortunately in Texas we are required to have them again as of 2013. Fortunately mine came with an OEM front plate holder. I hate the way it looks but it's secure and it's legal.

(Poor quality photo, but you get the idea)
http://s1.postimg.org/hwvicoptr/20150714_191946_Copy.jpg

DOCEVG
08-13-2015, 03:25 PM
Front license plates are required in Colorado, so I did this! No tix ......yet.

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q646/docevg/RS5/393.jpg

joshuamoore
08-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Front license plates are required in Colorado, so I did this! No tix ......yet.

Lucky you. I finally caved in after 4 tickets on the Z06. I'd rather not have the hassle again in the RS5. It already draws enough attention ...

PeregrineNYC
08-13-2015, 05:11 PM
During the day I park my car in a municipal lot in Queens NYC and they get patrolled by meter maids, so sooner or later I'll get a ticket. So what did you guys use? The OEM front plate holder? Got to order something...

joshuamoore
08-13-2015, 05:23 PM
During the day I park my car in a municipal lot in Queens NYC and they get patrolled by meter maids, so sooner or later I'll get a ticket. So what did you guys use? The OEM front plate holder? Got to order something...

I use just the OEM front plate holder. Your dealer should have them in stock. In fact, they should have sold you the car with one if the law requires you to have a front plate.

PeregrineNYC
08-13-2015, 05:27 PM
I live in NY where the front plate is the law, but bought the car in Maryland, where it isn't. I'll give my local dealer a call tomorrow.

blackluna
08-13-2015, 08:05 PM
I used http://www.usmillworks.com/bmw_front_license_plate_mount_bracket_tow_hook.htm l for my BMW X5 and it was great. It is very flexible as it has a lot of holes to clear parking sensors, etc.

I personally think the new Audi grille is "too much" and a license plate mounted in the middle balances it out. Otherwise it's too much free space and it's a bit like a whale. Or a donkey. Just my opinion :)

14S4GWM
08-13-2015, 08:12 PM
I live in NY where the front plate is the law, but bought the car in Maryland, where it isn't. I'll give my local dealer a call tomorrow.

Front plate is the law in Maryland.

PeregrineNYC
08-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Interesting - Criswell Audi told me differently, but no matter, have to figure something out. I will check out US mill works, although I wonder if it might look better on the grill.

14S4GWM
08-13-2015, 08:30 PM
I have the millworks cause mine didn't come with the front mount. I think it looks better on the grill. I did see some guys using magnets on the grill with mounting bracket for easy removal.

PeregrineNYC
08-13-2015, 08:34 PM
So I don't have a front mount either, and without one I can't put it on the grill?

14S4GWM
08-14-2015, 04:58 AM
^ I know, either way your going to have spend some cash. Pick your poison.

bknewtype
08-14-2015, 05:21 AM
So I don't have a front mount either, and without one I can't put it on the grill?

@ibleedorange

i installed earth magnets behind my bumper so i just throw it on and take it off. cant comment on how strong it holds during 70mph drives, but my plan is to just throw it on when parked and take it off when driving

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/09/1e3511344d3481c258dd0ffca7ab6ce4.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/09/e746d9672a536a328de739a6928723f1.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/09/32a6adbe0825fd68979edb5cd3412124.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/09/d208a013e686ea0dbeb4eb652dfe7ae0.jpg

jj is in the process of doing something similar with his RS. what you can do is install the earth magnets on the crash bar, and stack some magnets behind the plate so it goes through the honey comb enough to reach the bar and attach and detach when necessary

PeregrineNYC
08-14-2015, 06:35 AM
Wow - looks great. Not sure about the bumper removal though (<-----mechanically inept).

PeregrineNYC
08-14-2015, 07:00 AM
I called Audi of Manhattan and gave them my VIN - something like $220 for the mount, which goes on the front of the grill... maybe I should just do that.

joshuamoore
08-14-2015, 07:03 AM
I called Audi of Manhattan and gave them my VIN - something like $220 for the mount, which goes on the front of the grill... maybe I should just do that.

Unless you are planning on getting creative and trying to come up with your own solution or willing to give some knock off part from China a try, I'd say that's your best choice.

If it were me, I'd just do the OEM part and be done with it. You can always get creative later down the road.

PeregrineNYC
08-14-2015, 07:10 AM
Probably right, but I have serious respect for BKnew's magnet project!

joshuamoore
08-14-2015, 07:15 AM

I do too. It's a really great idea. I'd just be worried about it flying off while driving, since I have to have it on while driving.

bknewtype
08-14-2015, 08:28 AM
Wow - looks great. Not sure about the bumper removal though (<-----mechanically inept).

thanks! yea bumper removal on an expensive car will always make you cringe. lets wait for JJ to see what he comes up with for his RS.

I do too. It's a really great idea. I'd just be worried about it flying off while driving, since I have to have it on while driving.

im pretty worried too, but not at the same time lol. im not planning to drive around with it. in NYC u only get hassled by meter maids, when driving, they rarely care.

if you can think of a product that's thin, and very collar like ( like for dogs ) and black, that might work too. loop it through the license plate hole and through the honey comb and clip it ( x4 ) and just unclip when you want it off. I am still in the process of finding something that can do that, but for the time being, I will use the magnet method

bknewtype
08-14-2015, 08:31 AM

oh and let me know if you want OEM. my friend works at service. im picking up a few clips from him later today. can get u a price on the mount ( audi Brooklyn ). provide me with vin or part number if interested

PeregrineNYC
08-14-2015, 08:56 AM
Thanks. Will send you a message.

bknewtype
08-14-2015, 09:07 AM
Thanks. Will send you a message.

wow just checked out the pricing for it on geuineaudiparts ( usually cheaper than dealer ) its 185 for the bracket and 44 for the plate back. WTF lol. id rather just do the usmills plate relocator

rasetsu
08-14-2015, 02:23 PM
US Mill Works with quick release. Mounts via tow hook receiver and looks like like bknewtype's solution only easier to remove.

Jimmy ny
08-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Just do oem. Let dealer install if you can't. I like the mount that flips underneath. I'm interested in doing it but I'm lowered and scared the plate will get all scratched up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rasetsu
08-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Just do oem. Let dealer install if you can't.

Why if the front was spared from the drilling and there are other easy to source options that don't cause permanent damage? OEM front plate holder is almost $200 from the dealer.

Optiondoc
08-19-2015, 05:53 AM
You couldn't pay me to ruin my front end with a plate. Luckily I don't daily drive the car but the weekend trips I've taken so far has been encountering the RFK bridge, tappen Zee, GW etc...havent had a single problem from cops. Knock on wood.

bknewtype
08-19-2015, 06:02 AM
so I ended up just getting releaseable zip ties and tying it when parked and taking it off when driving lol

PeregrineNYC
08-19-2015, 09:08 AM
I'm just going with the OEM center plate. This is my daily driver and I'm just in too many places where I can get nailed.

bknewtype
08-19-2015, 09:30 AM
true that.

spetsnaz27
08-19-2015, 12:48 PM
My RS5 came with the OEM mount (Classic Audi - Westchester) and IMHO it looks good with the black grille, especially if you also fit the plate with a gloss black "Audi Sport" license plate frame ;)

PeregrineNYC
08-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Good to know. I haven't ordered it yet because it will take a while for the dealer I bought it from in Maryland to send me my registration/title, but I'll have to do it soon.

bknewtype
08-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Good to know. I haven't ordered it yet because it will take a while for the dealer I bought it from in Maryland to send me my registration/title, but I'll have to do it soon.

audi Brooklyn is charging 230 taxed I believe if u want it there. lmk

PeregrineNYC
08-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Same price in Manhattan...

bknewtype
08-19-2015, 01:16 PM
Same price in Manhattan...

gotcha, I read it wrong. I thought u were gonna order it from Maryland so it will take some time to come LOL

rasetsu
08-19-2015, 02:33 PM
So your car will be registered in Maryland with Maryland plates? Then you don't need to worry about NY front plate laws.

PeregrineNYC
08-19-2015, 04:26 PM
No, I purchased the car in Maryland but live in NY so I'll have to abide by the ny rules.

Optiondoc
08-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Screw the plate dude. We're lucky the NYPD puts their pants on straight. They aren't bothering you.

PeregrineNYC
08-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Wish I could - I park in a muni lot near my job and it's patrolled daily by meter maids and they already told me I'll get nailed as soon as I lose my temp plate and replace it with a permanent one...

Optiondoc
08-19-2015, 08:25 PM
If you can display it in the front windshield would they get off your ass? Could always use the removable zip tie idea. Put it on when you park and take it off when you drive. Bit of a PITA tho..

iBleedOrange
08-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Put it on when you park and take it off when you drive. Bit of a PITA tho..

Looking good ain't easy lol

bknewtype
08-20-2015, 04:24 AM
If you can display it in the front windshield would they get off your ass? Could always use the removable zip tie idea. Put it on when you park and take it off when you drive. Bit of a PITA tho..

Displaying it is worst. It screams "hey i dont have a front plate but here it is on my dash". No dash = possibly out of towner

Im using releaseable zipties lol. Takes a minite to take off but whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapa

PeregrineNYC
08-20-2015, 07:26 AM
Wow, I was actually considering the idea. BK, what are you tying the plate to with the zipties??

bknewtype
08-20-2015, 07:29 AM
Wow, I was actually considering the idea. BK, what are you tying the plate to with the zipties??

nothing at all, its just on the honey comb grille. I also have felt behind the license plate glued on so it doesn't scratch anything. just hook 2 zip ties through the license plate holes and onto the honey comb. I can take a pic later if you want. gonna b driving out to dinner.

PeregrineNYC
08-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Yes would like to see, although I am 100% convinced I would end up driving the car like that by mistake.

bknewtype
08-20-2015, 08:03 AM
Yes would like to see, although I am 100% convinced I would end up driving the car like that by mistake.

No big deal, i drove with it on from city to brooklyn zip tied lol. Was too lazy to take it off since i had to drive back out to the city after. I only like to take it off for pics

rasetsu
08-20-2015, 08:23 AM
No, I purchased the car in Maryland but live in NY so I'll have to abide by the ny rules.

I'm not sure about NY, but I'm pretty certain that in every other state, if your car is registered in another state that does not require a front plate, you would not get ticketed for not having one in the front plate state. Especially in the New England area where it is very common for people to live in one state and work in another, they have no way of knowing how long your car will be in their state for. If Maryland does not require a front plate and you are running a rear Maryland plate with current registration, NYC parking enforcement really should not be writing you a ticket. I guess they still might and you'd have a good argument to get it dismissed but the question is if it's worth the hassle. Now if you are changing the registration to NY, then yes, you are suppose to abide by NY laws.

I've never lived in NY but I currently live in a front plate state after moving from another front plate state and I use tow hook mounts on two of my cars because I'm not drilling holes in my bumpers. But I've also never had to deal with parking enforcement cops who's sole purpose is to generate revenue over things like this.

If I had to park my RS5 outside in a public parking lot outdoors everyday, I'd car cover it anyways so plate or not would be moot.

PeregrineNYC
08-20-2015, 08:42 AM
Just to try to clear this up (because I think I explained it poorly), I live in NYC but I bought my car in Maryland. The car will be registered in New York (not Maryland). Right now I have a temporary Maryland plate on the car (because that's where I bought it) but once I get my registration/title info in the mail, I will be required to put permanent NY state plates on the car, and when that happens, that's when I become vulnerable to a ticket (as it has been explained to me). Hope that clears it up.
Regarding using a cover, I'm not permitted to use one in a municipal lot here in NYC - because municipal lots are subject to the same rules as street parking, where covers are also not allowed, UNLESS you cover in such a way that displays your license plates and registration sticker. I'm less concerned about using a cover in the municipal lot because it's indoors. I do use a cover in my lot at home as it is outside, but private.

rasetsu
08-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Wow....what a PITA living in NYC is.

rasetsu
08-20-2015, 09:24 AM
If you can display it in the front windshield would they get off your ass?

IMO, that's the worst option. Looks ghetto, dangerous to have a piece of semi-sharp metal that could fly into you in an accident, and still illegal.

bknewtype
08-20-2015, 05:03 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/20/5d093ee7cd5ecafb384bb4b07842946f.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/20/36a87c2e0d097c7b6815fba59fed4658.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/20/7c631833073a45868ae9145ec2f714e6.jpg

PeregrineNYC
08-20-2015, 05:48 PM
You know what, it actually doesn't look half bad. Does it rattle around when you're driving?

bknewtype
08-20-2015, 06:00 PM
You know what, it actually doesn't look half bad. Does it rattle around when you're driving?

Not that i could hear. And if u zip the bottoms it b even more secure. I only did it on random honeycombs for the pic, of course, u can choose a better spot

Jimmy ny
08-21-2015, 08:27 AM
I hate having a front plate. In Nassau County it's a appearance ticket. You can't even mail it it. You have to appear and pay. Those foldaway plates are cool. Then you could just tuck it underneath when you want that clean look. My car is lowered and I think it would scrape up the plate and look really bad then when it's folded in up position.

PeregrineNYC
08-21-2015, 09:42 AM
My experience with the hide-away plates on previous cars has been disastrous. I haven't found one that has decent construction and once they start scraping the ground they immediately break. I would stay away.

bknewtype
08-21-2015, 09:44 AM
might be diff for the RS, but the v8 s5's u were able to put it above the splitter, not under the bumper, so it wont scrape. cant do it with the a5 or s5 SC cause of the intercooler. not sure about Rs.

PeregrineNYC
08-21-2015, 10:29 AM
If there was a way to do it so it was someplace else besides near the ground, but I don't think there's a way on the RS5. I would love to be mistaken about this.

bknewtype
08-21-2015, 10:57 AM
If there was a way to do it so it was someplace else besides near the ground, but I don't think there's a way on the RS5. I would love to be mistaken about this.

all u have to do is stick ur plate face down into your splitter to see if theres any clearance

most important is to make sure it clears the intercooler/radiator

bknewtype
08-23-2015, 09:15 AM
City mode activated

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/23/78b37256bfaf0d85b90713d98449f859.jpg

PeregrineNYC
08-23-2015, 01:41 PM
lol. After considering this idea I think I'm just going to do the OEM thing. I think this would drive me nuts. More power to you if you can keep it up.

PeregrineNYC
08-31-2015, 07:28 AM
Had my first experience with Audi customer service. Terrible. I figured since NY requires a front plate and since the RS5 I bought in Maryland didn't have one, I'd ask Audi to give me one gratis. Nope. Then I asked questions about the wheel/tire insurance I bought, what it covers/doesn't cover. "you'd have to ask the dealership you bought the car from". Really? I had better customer service from Toyota when I used to drive them.

bknewtype
08-31-2015, 07:29 AM
Had my first experience with Audi customer service. Terrible. I figured since NY requires a front plate and since the RS5 I bought in Maryland didn't have one, I'd ask Audi to give me one gratis. Nope. Then I asked questions about the wheel/tire insurance I bought, what it covers/doesn't cover. "you'd have to ask the dealership you bought the car from". Really? I had better customer service from Toyota when I used to drive them.

where was this? beiner?

PeregrineNYC
08-31-2015, 08:13 AM
No - Audi Corporate and CRISWELL AUDI in Maryland. I called them asking for a break on the OEM bracket and my sales guy, LAKE WALTON, basically told me to F-Off because I gave him a couple of 9s on my post purchase survey. 9 is outstanding. Think it's time for a letter.

paul.karroum
10-11-2015, 07:18 AM
I'm a little late to the party here but I throw my license plate in my windshield whenever I'm parked. So far no problems. Knock on wood**

CNY_ar
11-03-2015, 01:48 PM

I think you answered your own question. Why would AoA give you one for free? Are you special?

PedroRS5
12-01-2015, 06:46 AM
I am thinking the magnet idea is brilliant: http://www.instructables.com/id/No-Holes-License-Plate-Mount/

bknewtype
12-01-2015, 06:48 AM
I am thinking the magnet idea is brilliant: http://www.instructables.com/id/No-Holes-License-Plate-Mount/

i have a similar set up on my a5 but I don't use it causes scratches the paint. if you can hide the earth magnets behind a non paint surface, then it will work.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/09/1e3511344d3481c258dd0ffca7ab6ce4.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/09/e746d9672a536a328de739a6928723f1.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/09/32a6adbe0825fd68979edb5cd3412124.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/09/d208a013e686ea0dbeb4eb652dfe7ae0.jpg

edit* damn I just realized I posted the same shit earlier in the thread lol

PedroRS5
12-01-2015, 07:17 AM
I saw your post earlier and that led me into finding the linked instructable.
I was thinking of using thick felt behind the plate so as to avoid scratches, plus I won't be driving with it on, and have Xpel film over the front of the car.

bknewtype
12-01-2015, 08:08 AM
I saw your post earlier and that led me into finding the linked instructable.
I was thinking of using thick felt behind the plate so as to avoid scratches, plus I won't be driving with it on, and have Xpel film over the front of the car.

the plate isn't the problem, its the bumper itself. if you drive without it, bumper accumulates dust and dirt grime, and once you put the plate on it, with felt or not, its gonna rub the sand/dirt all over the paint

but of course if you hav xpel its a diff story. then again, it prob will swirl up your xpel. might not be as bad though.

Jimmy ny
12-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Just put the plate in the middle and live with. Not worth the hassle in NY. On Long Island it's an appearance ticket. You can't even mail it it. You have to pay in person. I just got the new bump shox thin plate frame. At least if you bump something you have some rubber protection in that front center area.

thenewbruno
12-22-2015, 12:40 PM
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r594/thenewbruno2/IMG_1885_zpsmhsaryhq.jpg (http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/thenewbruno2/media/IMG_1885_zpsmhsaryhq.jpg.html)

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r594/thenewbruno2/oVrc7Bjql5OP3ZuSIgkAPISokemNd9Z9AaUgoKsv4kk_zpsgwp ax1yq.jpg (http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/thenewbruno2/media/oVrc7Bjql5OP3ZuSIgkAPISokemNd9Z9AaUgoKsv4kk_zpsgwp ax1yq.jpg.html)

Butterfly Toggles. The perfect solution.

Cairo94507
04-29-2016, 06:17 AM
Nowadays, governments, city, county, state and federal are all looking to supplement their coffers with your hard-earned money. That means cops and meter maids are writing worthless no front plate tickets and charging $300 plus for the violation. Just install the factory front plate mount, put the plate on and forget about it. Why give these people the right to stop you and ruin your day? I am former (25 years) law enforcement and it is not like it once was. I would never knowingly permit the police to just stop me when they want for a minor violation, no front plate, that gives them the opportunity to look into my car. Not an issue for me, nothing illegal ever, but the same can not be said for others. How many people get arrested following a stupid minor traffic violation where the cops sees/finds evidence of a serious crime, guns, drugs, etc? Not worth it folks.

PedroRS5
04-29-2016, 07:21 AM
Remove bumper skin and bumper foam, place a stack of small super magnets small enough to fit inside grill's honeycomb and tall enough to provide a gap from the honeycomb on desired spots, mark position and polarity to glue larger magnets inside urethane, reinstall foam and nose letting magnets in place to cure glue. Remove smaller magnets from honey comb and mark polarity of both stacks, glue small magnets to each other in two stacks, glue license plate frame to license plate and thin felt behind the plate. Place plate on the small stacks protruding from the honeycomb and line up with the centerline of the grill. Measure from top of plate to stacks and from side of plate to stacks. Mark the two spots on the felt to expose metal plate, check polarity and glue the small stacks to the license plate and let cure. I keep the plate in the trunk and attach the plate when needed. It looks stock.

PeregrineNYC
05-14-2016, 05:18 AM
Nowadays, governments, city, county, state and federal are all looking to supplement their coffers with your hard-earned money. That means cops and meter maids are writing worthless no front plate tickets and charging $300 plus for the violation. Just install the factory front plate mount, put the plate on and forget about it. Why give these people the right to stop you and ruin your day? I am former (25 years) law enforcement and it is not like it once was. I would never knowingly permit the police to just stop me when they want for a minor violation, no front plate, that gives them the opportunity to look into my car. Not an issue for me, nothing illegal ever, but the same can not be said for others. How many people get arrested following a stupid minor traffic violation where the cops sees/finds evidence of a serious crime, guns, drugs, etc? Not worth it folks.

Yep - I ended up just going with the center OEM bracket. Life is easier this way, but I have noted that less people seem to notice the car since I've done this - fine by me.

nyca4tqm
11-30-2016, 05:17 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161130/bd8636000cd16cf6e6b109a364c7e5a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Audizine mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87676)

nyca4tqm
11-30-2016, 05:18 AM
350 dollars later...OEM Audi part.....cant be bothered with being harrassed by the cops.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Audizine mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87676)

AWDfreak
12-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Yep - I ended up just going with the center OEM bracket. Life is easier this way, but I have noted that less people seem to notice the car since I've done this - fine by me.

If its worth your time, make Criswell pay for it since they lied to you. Talk to the general manager and tell him your story. If they still give you a hard time, there are several consumer agencies and TV stations in Maryland that would be glad to take on your story--if Criswell does not pay up, they get their name smeared across the media...they will pay...

spa
12-03-2016, 09:32 AM
I too had to get a front plate bracket (bought the car from a province that didn't need front plates) Audi told me it was $358 for a front plate bracket!!!! So I ended up getting this instead it works perfect and looks better than OEM. It is slimmer than the OEM plate holder, fits tighter to the grill, doesn't stick out as far, can mount lower that factory one if you wish and as it's the exact size as a lic plate it doesn't make the plate look bigger than it has too... best part it's dirt cheap!

https://www.amazon.com/Cruiser-Accessories-79150-Mounting-Plate/dp/B00032K4VA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1480785928&sr=8-4&keywords=universal+license+plate+bracket

dcubes1
12-15-2016, 04:31 PM
Very surprised that no one on here has mentioned Sho N Go license plate bracket.

bknewtype
12-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Very surprised that no one on here has mentioned Sho N Go license plate bracket.

Show n go only fits the v8 s5 and even then that requires slight modification.

V6sc and 2.0 has intercoolers that gets in the way. Unless u want the "tongue" to stick out

dcubes1
12-15-2016, 05:00 PM
Its what I use on the RS5. A friend put me up on it he has it on his RS7

PeregrineNYC
12-30-2016, 02:29 PM
If its worth your time, make Criswell pay for it since they lied to you. Talk to the general manager and tell him your story. If they still give you a hard time, there are several consumer agencies and TV stations in Maryland that would be glad to take on your story--if Criswell does not pay up, they get their name smeared across the media...they will pay...

Thanks - not worth the bother, as I have had the car now for over a year. I just dealt with a slimeball salesman there who was trying to take advantage of me since I drove all the way down there from NYC. I got up and walked out of the dealership at least 3 times with him chasing me down every time before eventually making a deal. These guys are pathetic.

Runge
12-30-2016, 03:24 PM
I too had to get a front plate bracket (bought the car from a province that didn't need front plates) Audi told me it was $358 for a front plate bracket!!!! So I ended up getting this instead it works perfect and looks better than OEM. It is slimmer than the OEM plate holder, fits tighter to the grill, doesn't stick out as far, can mount lower that factory one if you wish and as it's the exact size as a lic plate it doesn't make the plate look bigger than it has too... best part it's dirt cheap!

https://www.amazon.com/Cruiser-Accessories-79150-Mounting-Plate/dp/B00032K4VA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1480785928&sr=8-4&keywords=universal+license+plate+bracket

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/rs5-license-plate-bracket-gloss-black/8t0807285mt94/

170$ USD New OEM

spa
01-03-2017, 07:26 AM
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/rs5-license-plate-bracket-gloss-black/8t0807285mt94/

170$ USD New OEM

I actually prefer my dirt cheap one to the OEM plate holder, it looks way better.