PDA

View Full Version : For those with a Level 10 or other TIP tranny upgrade

p3u
10-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking into getting an upgraded torque converter for my 01 1.8t FWD. I was wondering who is the best to go with, level 10, or someone else?

Also, does anyone know what the stall speed is on that transmission? And if anyone with the upgraded torque converter could recomend what to get done with it, as in how much sould the stall speed be changed for both stock and with a larger turbo to cope with the lag I would appreciate it.

Thanks for any input, this is my first time here, I've been on AW, but when I ask about performance autos they said to see you guys!

TJHUB
10-02-2005, 03:53 PM
The only guy I know that has actually done the Level 10 upgrade in DungBeetle on AW. He's a really good guy. Search him out and he'll tell you everything he knows. I believe he even installed the stuff himself. Although I don't think Level 10 will do that anymore. Good luck talking to Level 10. I've sent two emails that went unanswered. Maybe you should call if you expect a response of any kind.

I would be interested in what you find out...

BTW: There are a few more Tip guys on AZ vs. AW. I think OutkastSL here on AZ may have checked into it.

covertforces
10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
I think they might still be offering it just not posting it up on their site. Or something like that. Yeah, DungBeetle actually did the install himself so he is def the person to ask about it. I was thinking about getting it done but figured my car would be fine since its only k04'ed.

OutkastSL
10-02-2005, 11:06 PM
if you order a level ten tq converter, you wont need to know the stall speed, they told me it's a preset stall speed. a tq converter will hold 350 lbs/tq at the wheels, if you want the valve bodies and can afford it plus the labor, then go for it. But from a mechanic friend of mine that's also into audi's and works at the dealer suggested that i would only need the tq converter.

COLE on the s4 forum has the level ten on his s4 with stage 3 turbo's (ko4's). you should PM him.

also, heres a thread that you should read. it is of course for a s4 but it'll be helpful. mainly focus on cole's posts.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59305&highlight=s4+tip+level+ten