PDA

View Full Version : cluster replacement question

AElucky83
09-27-2005, 10:11 AM
ok guys my cluster is messing up so im wanting to replace it..if i get one with more miles then mine...can i get it reprogrammed to the same ammount of miles as mine and how much would it cost...can it be done with a vag com???

94jedi
09-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by AElucky83
ok guys my cluster is messing up so im wanting to replace it..if i get one with more miles then mine...can i get it reprogrammed to the same ammount of miles as mine and how much would it cost...can it be done with a vag com???

I read somewhere that it can be done (W/ Vag com) up to a certain mileage. hopefully someone will chime in and confirm.

undertow999
09-27-2005, 10:49 AM
I dont know how much truth there is to this but I heard that you can only increase the mileage on a cluster, NOT roll it back. BUt I am not sure.

k0mpresd
09-27-2005, 10:52 AM
the only way you can have a cluster programmed to your mileage is if you buy a new cluster or one w/ less than 100km's

once over 100km's its burned into the memory

a used cluster can be coded to your car w/ a vagcom..your mileage is going to be off though

diegomatrix
09-27-2005, 06:03 PM
yep..you can't change the mileage after it's gone past 100 kms....
but like k0mpresd said, you can still change some settings like manual to auto and vice versa, etc.

if you can find a scrap yard that has mileage close to yours, then hit it up...

but best bet is still to get a new one....